China vows to strengthen military ties with BritainApril 3rd, 2009 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 3 (Xinhua) China Friday said it was ready to strengthen military exchanges and cooperation with Britain.
“China regards Britain as an important partner of cooperation and thinks highly of the role that Britain has played in European and international affairs,” Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie said here while meeting visiting Vice-Chief of Defence Staff of the British Armed Forces Timothy John Granville-Chapman.
“China is willing to work with Britain to promote the stable and sound development of China-Britain relations,” Liang said.
Liang also hailed the further development of relations between the two armed forces in recent years, citing frequent high-level visits, more technological exchanges and increased personnel training.
“China hopes to make joint efforts with Britain to strengthen the bilateral military exchanges and cooperation,” he added.
Granville-Chapman said that Britain and China have mutual benefits on many issues. Britain expected to cement mutual trust, intensify high-level exchanges and enhance cooperation in various fields with China to bolster bilateral ties, he added.
- China, US vow stable military ties - May 02, 2012
- Chinese defence minister to visit India - Aug 30, 2012
- China, Bangladesh pledge closer military ties - Sep 15, 2011
- Indian, Chinese defence ministers hold 'fruitful' talks - Sep 04, 2012
- Chinese defence minister in US to boost military ties - May 11, 2012
- India, China to resume joint military exercises (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2012
- 'China, India military exchanges back on track' - Sep 03, 2012
- India, China to resume military exercises; Antony to visit Beijing (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- `Chinese military diplomacy to reduce India's concerns' - Sep 04, 2012
- India, China to resume joint military exercises (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Sri Lanka, China seek to strengthen military ties - Sep 01, 2012
- China-US military ties impasse set to end - Oct 12, 2010
- Joint US-Sino efforts only way to develop 'healthy and stable military' ties, says China - Jan 10, 2011
- China, EU vow to strengthen military ties - Oct 24, 2011
- 'India-South Korea defence relations won't impact China ties' - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: beijing, bilateral ties, british armed forces, chapman, chinese defence, cooperation, defence minister, defence staff, further development, international affairs, john granville, level exchanges, military exchanges, military ties, mutual trust, personnel training, technological exchanges, timothy john, vice chief, xinhua