China “unswervingly pursues” peaceful development, experts sayNovember 6th, 2010 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Nov. 6 (ANI): Facing concerns by some western countries about China’s ongoing development, which they think is “a threat,” Chinese experts have again said that the country, in fact, will always pursue a path of peaceful development.
“China’s development depends on world peace and it will contribute to world peace,” Xinhua quoted Shi Yongming, a research fellow at the Department for International Strategic Studies of the China Institute of International Studies, a key government think tank, as saying.
Shi’s words echoed Premier Wen Jiabao’s explanation on the essence of China’s peaceful development during a speech delivered to world leaders and delegates to the annual general session of the UN General Assembly in September.
Wen said China would stay firmly committed to peaceful development, whose essence was “to foster a peaceful international environment for our development and, at the same time, contribute to world peace through our development.”
Shi said that to foster a peaceful international environment, China had always given priority to “mutually-beneficial cooperation,” which is considered an effective way to tackle disputes in international relations.
He said the fruitful cooperation helped China “gain a peaceful external environment” so that it could focus on its domestic development. (ANI)
- China `threat' a Western perception, say Chinese experts - Nov 09, 2010
- China and Pakistan to strengthen bilateral cooperation in diverse areas - Dec 18, 2010
- China to focus on peaceful development, never seek hegemony: Wen - Sep 24, 2010
- Chinese premier meets Nepal president, PM (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- China urges joint effort for sustainable development - Jun 21, 2012
- Common interests between China, US far outweigh differences: Premier Wen - Sep 25, 2010
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- China still developing nation: Wen - Oct 03, 2010
- China gives strength, stability in the region: Gilani - Jan 03, 2012
- India, China agree to have regular exchange of visits at top level - Dec 16, 2010
- 100 mn Chinese live in poverty, says Wen Jiabao - Jun 21, 2012
- Wen reiterates support to Pakistan's sovereignty - Aug 25, 2011
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- Wen Jiabao gets US award - Mar 03, 2012
- India taking tough line against China: analyst - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: beneficial cooperation, china institute, chinese experts, development experts, environment china, external environment, fruitful cooperation, international environment, international relations, ongoing development, peaceful development, premier wen jiabao, research fellow, strategic studies, un general assembly, wen jiabao, western countries, world leaders, world peace, xinhua