China to send man on moon by 2030May 23rd, 2009 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 23 (ANI): A Chinese astronaut could land on the moon between 2025 and 2030, said Ye Peijian, director of the country’s Moon Exploration Project.
China’s lunar probe ended its 16-month mission with a controlled crash onto the moon in March, officials said.
Chang’e I hit the moon surface after completing its tasks, sources with the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense said, the China Daily reported.
The mission was to gather experience for a moon landing and launch of a lunar rover - the next stage of China’s three-stage moon mission - in 2012.
The third phase features another lunar rover, which will land on the moon and return to Earth with lunar soil and stone samples for scientific research, in 2017. A manned lunar landing, expected before 2020, will follow it.
The country’s first planetary probe, Chang’e I completed its tasks in October after a year in space.
Chang’e I, which spent 494 days in space, was launched from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center atop a Long March 3-A carrier rocket on October 24, 2007. (ANI)
- China to select new site for moon rocket launch - Nov 29, 2010
- China's moon rover to run on nuclear power - Aug 13, 2012
- China to launch moon-landing craft - Mar 05, 2012
- China to take next leap in moon probe in October 2010 - Nov 27, 2009
- China to go to moon, Mars, Venus and beyond - Sep 20, 2010
- China to launch second lunar probe 'Chang'e-2' by October - Sep 28, 2010
- Chinese lunar mission ends with a bang on the Moon - Mar 02, 2009
- China unveils snapshots of moon - Nov 09, 2010
- China to put man on the moon by 2030 - Mar 04, 2011
- China aspires to put a man on moon by 2030 - Mar 04, 2011
- China to launch its second lunar probe this year - Apr 13, 2010
- China to launch second lunar probe this year - Apr 13, 2010
- China's second lunar probe blasts off - Oct 01, 2010
- China to launch lunar probe by 2010 end - Jun 01, 2010
- China Launches "Moon Mission" as Nasa Loses Lunar Interest - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,