China to get tough with fake goods makersSeptember 28th, 2011 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 28 (IANS) Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan has called for tougher punishment to makers of fake and substandard goods.
The government must make manufacturers “pay a steep price” for making shoddy goods that threaten people’s lives and health, Xinhua quoted Wang as saying here.
China faces the challenges of lack of well-known brands, rampant counterfeit production in some areas and frequent accidents linked to low-quality products, he said.
- Counterfeit, fake and smuggled goods impacting 'Brand India' (Comment) - Jul 08, 2012
- Made in India, faked in China -- $5-bn loss - Jan 01, 2012
- Brand hungry? Beware of counterfeits (Feature) - May 04, 2012
- Chinese retailer fined over $200,000 for duping customers - Dec 23, 2011
- Unbalanced recovery better than balanced recession: China - Nov 21, 2011
- Fake medicines worth $30 mn seized in China - Nov 01, 2011
- China jails eight for selling fake sex pills - Nov 09, 2011
- IMF hails China's monetary adjustment - Jun 09, 2012
- 499 people arrested from Dubai streets - Apr 03, 2011
- Monitor cases treated for using fake drugs: Kalam - Oct 03, 2011
- Chinese manufacturers selling toxic lunch boxes: Survey - Mar 17, 2011
- Getting real about killer fakes in air (Comment) - Mar 24, 2011
- 1,000 fake luxury goods seized in China - Sep 30, 2011
- Nearly 300 illegal workers held in Dubai - Jun 06, 2012
- China cracks down on bogus cigarette dens, 78 held - Nov 14, 2011