China to deploy more security guards at schoolsAugust 17th, 2012 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 17 (IANS) China will deploy more security guards in schools as well as at kindergartens. The country witnessed a string of attacks on school students two years back.
The education ministry will deploy more security guards in primary and middle schools as well as kindergartens to maintain better schoolyard security, reported Xinhua citing the Beijing Times.
By 2013, the education facilities will have at least one guard, the report quoted Minister of Education Yuan Guiren as saying.
Yuan called for standardized safety around schools, where patrolling and cutting out safety irregularities will be introduced. The regulation on school bus safety management will also be implemented.
China’s school security worsened in 2010 after a series of attacks on kindergartens and primary school students.
Since then, the authorities have beefed up their efforts in providing safety.
- China to ensure security at every school by 2013 - Aug 18, 2012
- China deploys security guards in schools to avoid bloodbath repeat - Sep 01, 2010
- China to regulate reference book market - Dec 29, 2011
- China strengthens security in schools - May 03, 2010
- Beijing mulls campus police - Feb 22, 2012
- Two students hurt in China knife attack - Feb 08, 2012
- China punishes 16 officials for school bus accident - Aug 02, 2012
- China bars teachers from using harsh words - Dec 13, 2011
- China spent $15 bn on poor students' education - Aug 09, 2012
- China to punish obstruction of school bus - Apr 11, 2012
- China cracks down on high kindergarten fees - Jan 04, 2012
- Four nations start Mekong river patrol - Dec 11, 2011
- Increasing illiteracy in China becomes world's concern - Mar 02, 2011
- School attacks: China vows to act firmly - May 14, 2010
- Four officials sacked as 18 kids die in accident - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,