China to celebrate cultural heritageJune 8th, 2012 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 8 (IANS) China will celebrate its cultural heritage with a series of events across the country, the authorities said.
The National Library of China will host 10 lectures on intangible cultural heritage protection as part of the activities June 9-18, the culture ministry said.
Two exhibitions about traditional stone rubbing and architecture will also be presented at the library, China Daily reported Thursday.
The ministry will also co-host an intangible cultural heritage forum in Suzhou city of Jiangsu province. A dragon boat festival is also being organised in Zhejiang province.
- 1 mn Shanghai travellers for Dragon holiday - Jun 11, 2012
- Suzhou: China's Venice of the East (Letter from China) - Oct 09, 2011
- Ancient kiln replica being built in China - Jun 10, 2012
- India, Pakistan likely to sign culture pact - Apr 16, 2012
- 200,000 ancient coins found in China - Jun 05, 2011
- China to monitor radiation in water around n-plants - Jan 18, 2012
- Typhoon Damrey slams China - Aug 03, 2012
- China moves to protect ancient canal - Jun 09, 2012
- China, US hold energy efficiency forum - Jun 13, 2012
- Typhoon kills four, affects millions in China (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Corporates, public urged to support National Culture Fund - Jun 21, 2011
- Rethinking heritage conservation in India (April 18 is World Heritage Day) - Apr 17, 2011
- Rains likely to hit China's food bowl - May 28, 2012
- China's Shaolin temple in world heritage list - Aug 02, 2010
- Chinese shadow puppetry joins intangible heritage list - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: architecture, authorities, beijing, china daily, co host, cultural heritage protection, culture ministry, dragon, dragon boat festival, exhibitions, heritage forum, intangible cultural heritage, jiangsu province, national library, stone rubbing, zhejiang province