China to become biggest IT consumer in Asia-PacificMay 19th, 2012 - 3:45 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 19 (IANS) China will soon surpass Japan to become the biggest consumer of IT products and services in the Asia-Pacific region, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC).
China’s expenditure on IT is gradually approaching that of Japan, and will hit $173 billion in 2013, about four percent higher than Japan, the China Daily reported.
In the IDC report published May 17, the group attributes China’s growth in IT consumption to increasing consumer need and government support for the sector.
Wu Lianfeng, assistant vice-president of IDC China, said that driven by the popularity of latest mobile phones and tablet computers, China’s personal consumption of IT products in 2012 will increase by nearly 30 percent year-on-year.
The growing need for terminals will also inspire enterprises to develop more advanced IT, he said.
IDC is a global provider of market intelligence and advisory services for information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets.
More than 1,000 analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities in over 110 countries. IDC has been operation for the past 48 years.
- Lenovo pips Dell to become world's second largest PC maker - Oct 13, 2011
- Strong iPad shipments drive tablet market growth - Aug 03, 2012
- China had 535,000 millionaires in 2010 - Oct 13, 2011
- Wipro ranked as leader among testing services providers - Sep 22, 2010
- Mini-laptop market to shrink by 40 mn in 2012 - Dec 08, 2011
- China launches competitor to GPS - Apr 12, 2011
- Sterlite Technologies plans Chinese JV to produce optical fibre - Nov 17, 2010
- Indian outsourcing industry to grow 23.2 percent: Report - Apr 12, 2011
- China's September trade surplus drops - Oct 13, 2011
- China to surpass India as top gold consumer - Feb 19, 2012
- China's power consumption rises - Apr 14, 2012
- Samsung unveils product portfolio for 2011 - Apr 13, 2011
- Sony to acquire Ericsson's stake in joint venture for $1.47 bn - Oct 27, 2011
- Keste to expand India operations with $2.5 mn investment - Jul 12, 2012
- TCS, Mitsubishi form joint venture firm - Feb 08, 2012
Tags: advisory services, asia pacific region, assistant vice president, beijing, china daily, consumer technology, global provider, government support, idc, industry opportunities, information technology, international data corporation, japan, latest mobile phones, market intelligence, personal consumption, popularity, tablet computers, technology markets, technology telecommunications