China taxi driver killed in police raidJanuary 11th, 2012 - 5:26 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 11 (IANS) A taxi driver was accidentally killed in southern China when a raiding police team opened fire at a nightclub, officials said Tuesday.
He was waiting near his parked car in Dongguan city for his passengers to return, when he was hit in the stomach by a stray bullet, Xinhua quoted a statement from the Guangdong provincial government as saying Tuesday.
The driver, whose identity was not revealed, died of his injuries in a hospital.
Thugs at the club attacked the policemen when they tried to arrest them. The officers fired warning shots after six of their colleagues were hurt, the statement said.
They subsequently dispersed the thugs, but in the process the driver was accidentally hit, it said.
- 10-year-old killed in celebratory firing (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Mallika's brother held for accidental firing - Sep 13, 2011
- Accidentally fired bullet injures Delhi Police constable - Mar 18, 2012
- 10-year-old shot dead in celebratory firing in UP - Jul 17, 2012
- Maoists open fire at passenger bus in Bijapur - Oct 20, 2010
- Man jailed after dog 'shoots' friend - Apr 04, 2012
- Hailstones, thundershowers leave 12 dead in China - Apr 17, 2011
- Driver killed in police firing in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2012
- Orissa cop's two guards jailed for his murder - Mar 29, 2011
- One killed as SP man fires at wedding (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Production stopped after South China noodle makers found using illegal additives - Apr 25, 2011
- Four injured in accidental firing - Jan 14, 2011
- Constable fires at cop in UP police station - Apr 09, 2012
- Indian doctors cure Iraqi's 15-year-old 'curse' - Feb 01, 2012
- Kidnapper holding girl shot dead - Aug 12, 2012