China successfully tests mid-sized unmanned chopperMay 10th, 2011 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 10 (IANS) China has successfully tested a mid-sized unmanned helicopter that is capable of aerial photography and scouting, a media report said Tuesday.
The V750 is the country’s largest unmanned helicopter and it had its first successful flight May 7, People’s Daily reported.
The V750 has a maximum range of 500 km and is capable of cruising for four hours. The control radius of the unmanned helicopter is over 150 km, and it can reach a maximum altitude of 3,000 meters.
The helicopter is capable of aerial photography, scouting and monitoring. It can also supervise forest fire prevention, coastal ship monitoring and marine, mountain rescue missions, the media report said.
- China launches new unmanned helicopter - May 08, 2011
- Indigenous Rustom UAV completes successful fifth flight - Nov 11, 2011
- Indian Army has two new mountain divisions in northeast - Feb 07, 2011
- US unveils new helicopter surveillance drone - Dec 30, 2011
- China to deploy drones for marine surveillance - Aug 29, 2012
- India's Agni-IV n-capable missile showcased - Jan 26, 2012
- Indian Navy to commission new UAV squadron - Jan 11, 2011
- '3 Idiots' UAV inducted into counter-insurgency operations - Jan 30, 2012
- Agni-IV, C-130J, IAF woman officer among firsts at R-Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Russia seals missile deal - Mar 20, 2012
- Pak Navy successfully test-fires surface-to-air missiles - Dec 28, 2010
- Thousands evacuated in Orissa ahead of missile test - Dec 02, 2010
- No trace yet of Arunachal CM, search enters fifth day - May 04, 2011
- Iran to unveil new home-made UAV - Jan 30, 2012
- No blind support to corporates, says Andhra police chief - Dec 30, 2011