China stresses military capabilityMarch 5th, 2012 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 5 (IANS) China will enhance the capability of its armed forces to accomplish a wide range of tasks, with the Communist Party of China having absolute control, according to a report to be delivered by Premier Wen Jiabao.
The “most important” of the taks “is to win local wars under information-age conditions”, the report says.
The report, which will be delivered at the opening meeting of the fifth session of the National People’s Congress, China’s parliament, says the government will ensure that the armed forces resolutely accomplish the tasks of combating terrorism, maintaining stability, handling emergencies and relieving disasters, Xinhua reported.
- China vows to win 'local wars' (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- China vows to strengthen military to win 'local wars' (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- UAE, China hold bilateral talks - Mar 30, 2012
- China, Japan, South Korea warn North Korea over n-tests (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- New Chinese mantra: go global, boost investment - Mar 05, 2012
- China to enhance its armed forces capabilities - Aug 01, 2010
- China calls for scientific, technological reform - Jul 02, 2012
- Economic restructuring most pressing task: Wen (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- China can achieve this year's development goals: Wen - May 13, 2012
- China vows support for Pakistan's post-flood reconstruction - Nov 12, 2010
- 100 mn Chinese live in poverty, says Wen Jiabao - Jun 21, 2012
- Chinese PM urges poverty reduction - May 27, 2012
- China not to loosen regulations on housing market - Mar 14, 2012
- Merkel concludes China visit - Feb 04, 2012
- China's top political advisory group vows to promote economy - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: absolute control, armed forces, beijing, combating terrorism, communist party of china, congress, disasters, emergencies, fifth session, information age, military capability, parliament, premier wen jiabao, taks, wen jiabao, xinhua