China starts mass production of domestically developed regional jetFebruary 14th, 2009 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 14 (ANI): Chinas state-owned Shanghai Aircraft Manufacturing has said that it has signed contracts with four other factories, marking the start of mass production of the countrys first domestically developed regional jet, the ARJ21-700.
The four companies are the Avici Commercial Aircraft Co Ltd (ACAC) and aircraft component factories in Chengdu, Xian and Shenyang.
The ACAC will produce the main bodies, while the other three will make wings and other parts, Xinhua reported.
According to Luo Ronghuai, deputy general manager of ACAC, there have been 208 orders for ARJ21 jets from foreign and domestic customers, including an order for 25 from US-based GE Commercial Aviation Services.
The first five planes will be delivered next year, with 10 to be delivered in 2011 and 15 in 2012.
Luo said this year would be the year of trial flights as four planes would make trial flights. The first ARJ21-700 made a trial flight in Shanghai on November 28. (ANI)
- Chengdu woos Indian firms to invest in China's IT hub - Feb 28, 2010
- Kaveri engine completes tests in Russia - May 02, 2011
- Three more added to the list of corrupt referees - Dec 22, 2011
- Air China to launch Chengdu-Mumbai direct flight - Mar 01, 2012
- Boeing reconnaissance aircraft for Indian Navy completes first flight - Sep 29, 2011
- Second Boeing plane for Indian Navy completes first flight (with images) - Jul 17, 2012
- Private jet market soars in India - Feb 19, 2012
- China's first indigenously built Maglev train ready for launch - Apr 09, 2010
- Ride horse to work, say equestrian enthusiasts - Jun 03, 2011
- Defence panel approves LCA for Indian Navy - Feb 27, 2012
- Boeing Dreamliner to skip Mumbai leg of India visit - Jul 14, 2011
- Airbus may join China's aircraft project - Sep 26, 2008
- China gets over 200 orders for homemade plane - Mar 06, 2012
- Defence modernisation: Critical deals materialised, others faced time overruns (2011 in retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
- Airbus delivers first China-assembled A320 jet - Jun 23, 2009
Tags: acac, aircraft component, arj21, chengdu, commercial aircraft, commercial aviation services, countrys, domestic customers, factories, feb 14, jets, mass production, New Delhi, planes, regional jet, shanghai, trial flight, trial flights, xian, xinhua