China shuts down 162 lewd websitesMarch 31st, 2009 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
Bejing, Mar 31 (ANI): China has shut down 162 websites that it found providing pornographic and lewd content in their audio or video segments.
According to a statement issued by the special operation office for crackdown on online porn and lewd content here on Monday said that the blocked websites had not acquired permits to broadcast audio and video programs issued by the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT).
The websites include www.baigujing.com, www.bt990.com and other sites based mainly in Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Guangdong Provinces.
A total of 341 audio and video sites have been blocked by the SARFT and the telecommunication authorities since Chinese Government launched a nationwide campaign in January to sweep off pornographic contents on the Internet.
Public distribution of pornography is illegal in China.
Authorities have vowed to beef up crackdown efforts in the following days and urged law-breakers to voluntarily turn themselves in to local public security departments.
Earlier, the statement said that the lewd websites have violated the top legislature’s regulations and other laws regarding public distribution of sexual images, Xinhua reports. (ANI)
- China to shut down 122 blogs, pornographic sites - Jul 16, 2010
- China cracks down on pornography - Oct 21, 2011
- China shuts down 91 websites containing pornography - Jan 11, 2009
- China exposes 19 websites in latest crackdown on pornography - Dec 17, 2010
- China shuts down 60,000 porn sites in censorship crackdown - Dec 31, 2010
- 55 Chinese websites asked to delete porn contents - Jun 10, 2010
- China shut down 60,000 porn sites in 2010 - Dec 31, 2010
- Over one mn websites closed in China in 2010 - Jul 13, 2011
- Indonesia blocks 1 mn porn websites before Ramadan - Jul 18, 2012
- China to monitor radiation in water around n-plants - Jan 18, 2012
- China bans 16,000 more websites for containing pornography content - Feb 12, 2010
- 52 mn pirated, porn publications seized in China in 2011 - Jan 06, 2012
- China arrests 2,200 in crackdown on organied gangs - Sep 16, 2011
- Chinese microblogs closed for spreading porn - Nov 01, 2011
- Chinese gets jail term for Internet pornography - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: chinese government, crackdown, film and television, guangdong, jiangsu, law breakers, lewd content, pornographic contents, public distribution, public security, sarft, security departments, sexual images, shanghai, state administration, video programs, video segments, video sites, xinhua, zhejiang