China seeks closer ties with GermanyFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 3 (IANS) Chinese President Hu Jintao and visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel Friday discussed ways to boost bilateral cooperation.
Hu said China was ready to push forward its “long-term and in-depth development of strategic partnership” with Germany.
Relationship between the two countries has grown in “unprecedented depth and broadness” since they established diplomatic links 40 years ago, Hu said.
China was ready to work with Europe to advance all-round strategic partnership based on mutual respect, equality and mutual benefits, China Daily quoted Hu as saying.
The two leaders met at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.
Merkel said bilateral exchanges in various areas have become closer and fruitful.
She said trade and economic cooperation between the two countries had entered a new era of growth.
- Chinese president reaffirms support to Europe in debt crisis - Aug 31, 2012
- China seeks strong ties with Russia - Dec 12, 2011
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- Chinese president meets Clinton - Sep 05, 2012
- Chinese, Russian PMs pledge closer cooperation - Oct 11, 2011
- China reiterates support to Pakistan's sovereignty - Dec 27, 2011
- Chinese, US presidents meet on bilateral ties - Jun 20, 2012
- Chinese president, Canadian PM discuss strategic ties - Sep 09, 2012
- China for joint efforts with Russia on global challenges - Oct 19, 2010
- Ties with China important, says US - Jan 19, 2012
- No trust deficit between India, Germany on high technology transfer: Merkel - Dec 12, 2010
- China, Britain cooperation outweighs competition: Hu Jintao - Nov 10, 2010
- India, China to hold boundary talks Monday (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- China talks energy, power cooperation with Pakistan - Jun 07, 2012
- Chinese daily foresees friendly India-China ties - Feb 21, 2012
Tags: angela merkel, beijing, bilateral cooperation, bilateral exchanges, chancellor angela merkel, china daily, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, economic cooperation, equality, europe, german chancellor angela merkel, hu jintao, mutual respect, new era, president hu jintao, relationship, strategic partnership, ties, unprecedented depth