China says it wants good neigbourly ties with IndiaMarch 16th, 2010 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 16 (IANS) China Tuesday reaffirmed its commitment to develop good-neighbourly relations with India, but added that “the border issue remains unsettled between the two countries”.
“We would like to work with India to make a stronger relationship, becoming good neighbours, good friends and good partners forever,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said Tuesday.
Qin made the comments as Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao visited the US.
He said it was in the fundamental interests of both the countries and the world to beef up good-neighbour friendship and cooperation between China and India, Xinhua news agency reported.
Qin underlined the Chinese government’s efforts to boost ties with India.
“Undoubtedly, the border issue remains unsettled between the two countries,” Qin said and called for a settlement through equal and friendly negotiations.
Qin appealed for joint efforts to ensure peace and stability along the border before finding a final solution to the issue.
“With the China-India relationship progressing steadily, we believe the border issue will be properly settled.”
- India, China to start maritime dialogue, border meet next week (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Good India-China ties favour peace in Asia: Chinese leader - Nov 01, 2010
- China seeks peace with neighbours (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Chinese daily foresees friendly India-China ties - Feb 21, 2012
- Top Chinese official leaves for boundary talks with India - Jan 15, 2012
- China rejects rivalry, begins boundary talks - Jan 16, 2012
- India, China eyeing intensifying partnership, continue boundary talks - Apr 14, 2011
- China rejects rivalry, hold talks with India on border mechanism (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- China denied rivalry with India, drums up trade, $16 bn deals (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2010
- India expects China to correct trade imbalance, be more sensitive to India - Dec 03, 2010
- India ready to discuss all issues with Pakistan, says Nirupama Rao - Sep 21, 2010
- China rules out rivalry with India, allays trade deficit concerns (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- India-China ties face golden period: Chinese official - Jan 16, 2012
- India, China can't afford conflicted ties: Rao - Jan 14, 2011
- India hopes China will resolve stapled visas, will pitch for UN seat (Second Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
Tags: beijing, china, chinese foreign ministry spokesman, chinese government, cooperation, final solution, foreign ministry spokesman, friendship, fundamental interests, good friends, good neighbours, india relationship, negotiations, nirupama rao, peace and stability, qin, relations with india, ties, xinhua news agency