China, Russia sign electrical cooperation dealJune 22nd, 2012 - 7:38 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 22 (IANS) China and Russia have signed an agreement on electrical cooperation on the sidelines of the ongoing St. Petersburg International Forum (SPIEF), Xinhua reported.
The deal was signed among Russia’s power company IDGC Holding, Russia’s manufacturer Eurocontract High-Voltage Switchgear and China’s XD electric company. It is aimed to support the safe operation and maintenance of the 110 KV electrical grid in Russia.
“It (the agreement) opens new perspectives of international cooperation between China and Russia and advances modernisation of the power grid,” said Yang Baolin, vice-president of the XD electric company.
He said that electricity was a key component of bilateral cooperation.
With more than ten years’ rapid development of its electrical grid, China has accumulated rich experiences which may prove useful to the construction and development of Russia’s electric power industry, said Yang.
The 16th annual forum kicked off Thursday. The three-day forum, with the theme of “Affective Leadership,” has drawn over 5,000 participants from all over the world to the Russia’s second largest city of St. Petersburg.
- Pakistan president to visit Russia - Jun 19, 2012
- Areva T&D; signs pact with Power Grid Corporation - Jul 25, 2011
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- ABB to invest Rs.250 crore on power products - Apr 23, 2012
- Areva T&D; restructuring to be over by early 2012 - Aug 06, 2011
- ADB loan to improve power distribution in India - Feb 27, 2012
- $200-mn ADB loan for Madhya Pradesh power projects - Aug 17, 2011
- Bihar gets $132 mn ADB loan for power projects - Jun 15, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,210 crore Qatar project - Jul 20, 2011
- China eyes Myanmar power sector - May 25, 2012
- Russia buys fibreglass manhole covers to avoid theft - Jun 28, 2011
- Medvedev Visit: Yet another step in strengthening Indo-Russian ties - Dec 10, 2010
- Hu, Rajapakse pledge to boost ties - Jun 17, 2011
- Chinese firm to invest $3 bn in Russian resorts - Jun 06, 2012
- Chiness wind turbine firm ties up with Reliance - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: annual forum, bilateral cooperation, china russia, day forum, electrical grid, electricity, high voltage switchgear, international cooperation, international forum, kv, moscow, new perspectives, power grid, rapid development, rich experiences, russia sign, sidelines, st petersburg, xd, xinhua