China refutes cyber-attack accusationApril 24th, 2009 - 3:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 24 (ANI): China has said that it was irresponsible on the part of other countries to allege that cyber-attacks originated in China without having thorough investigation.
“We have reiterated many times our policies of firmly opposing and severely cracking down on all crimes that damage the Internet, including hacking,” Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told reporters.
Jiang’s remarks came in response to a question saying that the US government planned to create a new military command focusing on Pentagon computer networks and offensive capabilities in cyber warfare.
The plan was reported to protect its networks from attacks by hackers, Xinhua reported.
The attacks seemed to have originated in China, although it was difficult to determine the origin because of the ease of hiding identities online.
“It is rather irresponsible to easily affirm or allege, even without thorough investigation, that cyber-attacks originated in China,” Jiang said.
The number of Chinese netizens hit nearly 300 million by the end of last year, the largest scale in the world, said Jiang.
However, China’s information network also faces threat of cyber attacks, Jiang said. Statistics shows that hackers have attached 8 out of 10 computers in China with access to Internet, and 70 percent of botnets all over the world is in China. (ANI)
- Unprecedented cyber attack on Canada linked to China - Feb 17, 2011
- Punishment for Chinese who hack foreign computers - Aug 30, 2011
- China declines supporting cyber attackers - Mar 30, 2012
- Abandon Cold War mentality, China tells US - Feb 06, 2012
- Pak investigating hacking of govt. websites by 'Indian Cyber Army' - Dec 08, 2010
- China denies hacking Indian Defence Ministry computers - Apr 07, 2010
- Internet around the world may shut down Saturday - Mar 30, 2012
- Iran to recruit hacker warriors for its Cyber Army to combat enemy counterparts - Mar 15, 2011
- Hackers say they obtained US police information - Aug 08, 2011
- Over 8,000 cyber attacks on CWG ticketing system: Menon - Aug 12, 2011
- Israeli military admits to cyber-warfare - Jun 04, 2012
- 90,000 email addresses hacked from US military contractor - Jul 12, 2011
- Over 460 cyber criminals arrested in China - Dec 01, 2010
- Chinese hackers steal "confidential information" of five global oil companies: McAfee - Feb 11, 2011
- Overseas hackers using Chinese IPs to launch cyber attacks: Experts - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: accusation, china, computer networks, crimes, cyber attack, cyber warfare, foreign ministry spokeswoman jiang, hackers, information network, military command, ministry spokeswoman, netizens, New Delhi, offensive capabilities, pentagon, statistics, us government, xinhua