China pushes for enhanced cooperation with RussiaOctober 21st, 2011 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 21 (IANS) China is willing to cooperate with Russia on strategic security matters and the two countries should work more closely on bilateral and multilateral issues, said Vice President Xi Jinping.
Xi made the remarks Thursday in his meeting with Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev, according to a press release issued by the Chinese foreign ministry Friday.
China will work more closely with Russia in order to strengthen communication and coordination on regional and international issues, Xi said.
Patrushev is in Beijing to co-chair the sixth round of China-Russia strategic security talks with Chinese State Councillor Dai Bingguo, reported Xinhua.
Xi spoke on the contribution made by the China-Russia strategic security talks in boosting bilateral political mutual trust and strategic coordination, calling on the two sides to step up strategic coordination in a bid to better safeguard the common interests of the two countries and promote peace and stability in the world.
Citing the significant transition of the international situation, Xi said the two countries face opportunities as well as challenges in maintaining a strategically secure environment for their own development.
On bilateral relations, Xi said China always prioritizes its relations with Russia in the country’s foreign policy. He expressed China’s willingness to make concerted efforts with Russia to push forward bilateral cooperation in the political, economic, energy, science and technology fields.
Russia was satisfied with the current development of the bilateral ties, Patrushev said, proposing tat the two sides should strengthen strategic communication, expand mutual trust and cement coordination in multilateral organizations such as the United Nations and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
China-Russia strategic security talks were initiated by leaders of the two countries in 2005.
- China seeks strong ties with Russia - Dec 12, 2011
- Putin to pay state visit to China - May 13, 2012
- Despite irritants, India, China to hold boundary talks - Jan 09, 2012
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- China for joint efforts with Russia on global challenges - Oct 19, 2010
- China seeks closer ties with Sri Lanka - Sep 18, 2012
- India, China to hold boundary talks Monday (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- China, Russia vow to deepen ties - Sep 27, 2010
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- Chinese vice-president meets US president - Feb 15, 2012
- US, Chinese vice presidents discuss relations - Feb 08, 2012
- Chinese, Russian PMs pledge closer cooperation - Oct 11, 2011
- China-Russia ties challenges Western hegemony: Daily - Jun 05, 2012
- Chinese vice president aims to end trust deficit with US - Feb 10, 2012
- Chinese president reaffirms support to Europe in debt crisis - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: bilateral cooperation, bilateral ties, china russia, chinese state, concerted efforts, cooperation with russia, council secretary, current development, economic energy, energy science, international situation, multilateral issues, multilateral organizations, mutual trust, peace and stability, russian security council, security talks, shanghai cooperation organization, strategic security, technology fields