China opens largest electric car-charging stationJanuary 30th, 2012 - 10:32 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 30 (IANS) China’s largest electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery swapping station has been put into operation in Beijing, Xinhua reported quoting sources in the city’s power supply authorities.
Located in the eastern Beijing’s Chaoyang district, the Gaoantun charging station can charge up to eight vehicles simultaneously and it takes only four to six minutes to swap a battery of an EV.
The station has been installed with over 10 types of EV charging or battery swapping machines, covering all charging modes that are available in China.
Beijing is striving to build a new energy vehicle grid as part of the nation’s plan to usher in more energy-saving and environmentally-friendly vehicles.
Beijing hopes to build a three-level EV charging and battery swapping network that consists of six large-scale concentrated charging stations, 250 charging and battery swapping stations and 210 small-sized delivery stations by the end of 2015.
So far, the China’s capital city has completed construction of 12 charging and battery swapping stations and 274 charging posts.
The city was chosen as one of the 25 pilot cities in China for the utilisation of new-energy vehicles.
China plans to have over 500,000 electric, hybrid and fuel-cell vehicles on the road by 2015 and five million by 2020.
- China to boost electric car industry - Jul 10, 2012
- China to use tax cuts to promote green vehicles - Mar 07, 2012
- Shanghai to have 20,000 renewable energy powered cars - Oct 25, 2010
- China approves blueprint for green vehicles - Apr 19, 2012
- China to invest $375 bn in energy-saving projects - Aug 22, 2012
- Construction of Beijing's tallest building starts - Sep 19, 2011
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- China to welcome foreign investors in emerging industries - Apr 11, 2011
- Indians unwilling to pay premium for electric cars - Aug 18, 2011
- Chinese automaker to develop electric car with US partner - Apr 26, 2012
- Electric mobility an alternative in big cities: McKinsey - Jan 20, 2010
- Energy from car brakes could cut fuel consumption - Feb 08, 2011
- 2011's Most Fuel-efficient Cars Vie For Buyers Attention - Jan 19, 2011
- Electric vehicles to force auto ancillaries to rejig business - Sep 28, 2010
- Electric car sets world record covering 1,000 km on single charge - May 26, 2010
Tags: authorities, chaoyang district, charging station, china beijing, cities in china, delivery stations, electric car, electric vehicle, energy saving, energy vehicles, fuel cell vehicles, hybrid, large scale, new energy, pilot cities, power supply, quoting sources, six minutes, usher, xinhua