China now wants to open Communist party office in space!November 14th, 2007 - 2:31 am ICT by admin
“If China has its own space station, the taikonauts on mission will carry out the regular activities of a CPC branch in space in the way we do on earth, such as learning the Party’s policies and exchanging opinions on the Party’s decisions,” the official Xinhua news agency quoted Yang, a delegate to the on-going CPC national congress in Beijing, as saying.
According to the CPC Constitution, a grass-root CPC organization should be established where there are three or more CPC members. The latest official figure shows that China has more than 73 million CPC members and about 3.6 million grass-roots CPC organizations.
China successfully sent Yang into orbit on the Shenzhou V spacecraft in 2003, and two years later, taikonauts Fei Junlong and Nie Haisheng completed a five-day flight on the Shenzhou VI.
Earlier media reports say the Shenzhou VII is expected to carry three taikonauts in 2008 and the taikonauts may perform their first spacewalk during the flight.
Chinese taikonauts will participate in international operations like peace-keeping, environment protection and rescue in space, Yang said.
Yang’s center has been working with the Aerospace School of the Beijing-based Tsinghua University since 2006 to provide masters-level degree training for the taikonauts. (ANI)
- China to launch two space modules - Apr 30, 2011
- China may send women to space in 2012 - May 01, 2011
- Chinese woman may reach space by 2012 - Apr 30, 2011
- Liu is first Chinese woman in space - Jun 16, 2012
- China mulls sending female astronauts into space - Oct 31, 2011
- China launches Shenzhou-9 with first woman astronaut - Jun 16, 2012
- China to send first woman astronaut into space - Jun 15, 2012
- Chinese spacecraft docks with orbiting module - Jun 24, 2012
- China to go to moon, Mars, Venus and beyond - Sep 20, 2010
- Chinese astronauts return to Earth - Jun 29, 2012
- China prepares for manned space docking this year - Mar 01, 2012
- China recruits new astronauts - May 07, 2010
- China starts training program for seven newly recruited astronauts - May 19, 2010
- Chinese space module gets first-ever residents (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- China's manned spacecraft docks with space module - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: astronaut team, beijing, china now, cpc members, day flight, grass root, international operations, level degree, masters level, orbit, own space station, peace keeping, s center, said yang, shenzhou, spacewalk, successfully sent, tsinghua university, xinhua news agency