China not interested in seeking hegemony: Hu JintaoNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:15 am ICT by admin
“China opposes all forms of hegemonism and power politics and will never seek hegemony or engage in expansion,” The China Daily quoted him, as saying.
Stressing that peaceful development is a strategic choice for Beijing, Hu, reiterated that China works for peaceful settlement of international disputes and hotspot issues, promotes international and regional security cooperation, and oppose terrorism in any form.
China will unswervingly follow a win-win strategy of opening up and will accommodate the legitimate concerns of other countries, especially other developing countries, he also said.
China would support efforts to improve international trade and financial systems, advance the liberalization and facilitation of trade and financial systems, advance the liberation and facilitations of trade and investment, and properly resolve economic and trade frictions through consultation and collaboration, he added.
According to the work report delivered by Hu, China has accelerated the revolution in military affairs with Chinese characteristics.
The armed forces were reduced by 200,000 troops during the past five years, and efforts were intensified in all respects to make the armed forces more revolutionary, modernized and standardized. (ANI)
- Hu Jintao shrugs off Senate majority leader Harry Reid's "dictator" claims - Jan 21, 2011
- China poses no economic, military threat to US: Hu Jintao - Jan 21, 2011
- 'China will never seek hegemony by force of arms' - Jan 13, 2011
- Taiwan leader seeks closer ties with mainland China - Jul 12, 2010
- 'Chinese army poses no threat to any nation' - Jul 31, 2012
- China warns US to keep off Tibet and Taiwan - Jan 21, 2011
- China issues White Paper on arms control, peaceful development - Mar 31, 2011
- Chinese President calls for joint efforts to maintain world peace, stability - Apr 14, 2011
- China vows to strengthen military to win 'local wars' (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- India, China identify new opportunities to realize vast potential for future growth - Dec 16, 2010
- Historic opportunity for Hu Jintao to engage Dalai Lama (Comment) - Mar 27, 2012
- Some countries are provoking China: daily - Aug 01, 2012
- Communist Party of China sets agenda for five years (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2010
- President Hu puts forward four proposals to improve 'Sino-US ties' - Jan 17, 2011
- 'China's military hardware development not aimed at any other country' - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: armed forces, china daily, chinese characteristics, country china, cpc central committee, financial systems, hegemony, hu jintao, improve international, international disputes, legitimate concerns, military threat, national defence policy, peaceful development, peaceful settlement, power politics, regional security cooperation