China, North Korea vow to deepen tiesFebruary 23rd, 2010 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 23 (IANS) Chinese and North Korean officials Tuesday pledged to enhance cooperation between the two countries at a meeting held here.
Wang Jiarui, head of the International Department of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, met a delegation from North Korea, Xinhua news agency reported.
The North Korean delegation was led by Kim Yong Il, director of the International Affairs Department of the Central Committee of the Workers’ Party of Korea.
During the meeting, the two sides pledged to take concrete steps to enhance cooperation and inter-party contacts, so as to contribute to the common development of the two countries and regional peace and stability.
Wang visited North Korea in early February and met North Korea’s top leader, Kim Jong Il. They discussed various issues, including bilateral ties and the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula.
- North Korea committed to denuclearisation, Kim tells China - Feb 09, 2010
- North Korean succession is stable: South Korea, US - Dec 30, 2011
- North Korea confirms mystery woman is leader's wife - Jul 26, 2012
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
- North Korea replaces prime minister - Jun 07, 2010
- North Korea not eager to resume talks: UN envoy - Feb 13, 2010
- North Korea's Kim says unchanged in sticking to denuclearization - May 07, 2010
- Dead North Korean leader's son 'great successor': Media - Dec 19, 2011
- 'China ready to work with new North Korean leadership to promote bilateral ties' - Oct 02, 2010
- North Korea threatens to re-examine n-issue - Jul 21, 2012
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dead, youngest son takes over (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean hopes for resumption of six-party talks - Aug 31, 2010
- Jimmy Carter leaves North Korea with freed US man (Lead) - Aug 27, 2010
- North Korean leader names new prime minister, promotes brother-in-law - Jun 07, 2010
- Kim Jong-un gets married: North Korean TV - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: beijing, bilateral ties, common development, communist party of china, concrete steps, cpc central committee, international affairs department, kim jong il, kim yong il, korean delegation, korean officials, korean peninsula, north korea, north korean, peace and stability, regional peace, vow, wang jiarui, workers party, xinhua news agency