China names six terrorists (Lead)April 6th, 2012 - 1:53 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 6 (IANS) China has published a list of six Islamist terrorists who trained in Pakistani camps and announced it was freezing their funds and assets.
The six are all core members of the terrorist group “East Turkistan Islamic Movement”, according to a statement issued Thursday by the Ministry of Public Security.
They have participated in the organization, planning and execution of terrorist acts against Chinese targets within and outside the country, Xinhua cited the ministry as saying.
The ministry hoped that foreign governments and their law enforcing departments would help to arrest the six and hand them over to Chinese authorities.
The “East Turkistan Islamic Movement” is still conducting propaganda and instigation among members of the “three evil forces” of separatism, extremism and terrorism who live in China, and attempts to stage terrorist acts, the statement said.
The group is the most direct and real safety threat that China faces, said a spokesperson of the Ministry of Public Security.
Militants who received training in terrorist camps in Pakistan set fire to a restaurant and randomly killed civilians in Xinjiang’s Kashgar in July last year, leaving six civilians dead and 15 injured.
An investigation found that the group’s leaders had learned how to make explosives and firearms in camps of the terrorist group “East Turkistan Islamic Movement” in Pakistan before entering Xinjiang to organise terrorist activities.
Xinjiang, which borders Pakistan and Afghanistan, is home to China’s Muslim Uygur ethnic people.
- China seeks Pakistan help to nab six terrorists (Third Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- China seeks Pakistan help to nab terrorists (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- China to hike anti-terrorism cooperation with Pakistan - Aug 03, 2011
- Terrorists not to impact ties with Pakistan: China - Mar 07, 2012
- China blames terrorists trained in Pakistan for Xinjiang attack (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Be vigilant against Pakistan-trained terrorists: Chinese daily - Aug 02, 2011
- China blames Pakistan trained terrorists for Xinjiang attack - Aug 01, 2011
- China vows crackdown over Xinjiang attacks - Aug 02, 2011
- 'China has changed its Kashmir policy' - Sep 15, 2011
- Pakistan will cooperate with China to defeat terror: Zardari - Aug 31, 2011
- Xinjiang terror attack not good for Pakistan, says daily - Aug 03, 2011
- Four get death sentence for China terror attacks - Sep 15, 2011
- China not backing India's stand on Pakistan terror camps: Daily - Aug 12, 2011
- China publishes names of six terrorists - Apr 06, 2012
- China to freeze terror funds - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: china names, chinese authorities, civilians, core members, east turkistan, evil forces, extremism, how to make explosives, instigation, islamic movement, kashgar, militants, public security, safety threat, spokesperson, terrorist activities, terrorist acts, terrorist camps, terrorist group, xinhua