China, Myanmar to boost cooperationJune 16th, 2009 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 16 (Xinhua) Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping said Tuesday that Beijing wanted to promote comprehensive, stable and lasting relations with Myanmar.
Peaceful coexistence has been the cornerstone of China’s diplomacy and the two countries should promote projects to boost trade, Xi said during a meeting here with Myanmar’s visiting state peace and development council vice chairman Maung Aye.
Maung thanked China for its help to mitigate the devastating cyclone that hit the country last year.
He said Myanmar supports China’s stand on the Taiwan and Tibet issues.
- China pushes for enhanced cooperation with Russia - Oct 21, 2011
- China to fight Dalai Lama's 'separatism' - Jul 19, 2011
- Putin to pay state visit to China - May 13, 2012
- US, Chinese vice presidents discuss relations - Feb 08, 2012
- Communist Party of China sets agenda for five years (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2010
- India donates rice silos to Myanmar (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Bangladesh seeks close ties with China - Jun 20, 2011
- India pledges Myanmar $10 mn, donates 10 rice silos (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Missing Chinese leader sends condolences - Sep 13, 2012
- China seeks strategic partnership with Myanmar - Jun 13, 2012
- US vice president ends China visit - Aug 22, 2011
- US to discuss Tibet situation with China - Feb 11, 2012
- Chinese, US vice presidents hold talks - Aug 18, 2011
- Arab League chief calls for closer Arab-China ties - May 08, 2012
- China seeks close military ties with Cuba - Apr 27, 2010
Tags: beijing, china, chinese vice, cooperation, cornerstone, council vice chairman, cyclone, diplomacy, maung aye, peaceful coexistence, state peace, taiwan, tibet issues, vice president, xi jinping, xinhua