China modernisation still a long way off: President HuJanuary 17th, 2011 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Jan 17 (ANI): Chinese President Hu Jintao has described his country as a developing country, and being a long way off from “modernisation”.
“We need to make long and hard efforts if we are to build a moderately prosperous society in all respects and basically achieve modernization,” Xinhua quoted the President, as saying.
Hu, who is scheduled to visit the US on January 18, has said his country’s Eleventh Five-Year Program played a significant role in the development of China. He further said that despite undergoing changes and facing challenges inside and abroad, Beijing is adhered to the Scientific Outlook on Development, strengthened and improved macro-regulation and gave a great importance to the basic role of market in resources allocation.
He further boosted that his country had taken proactive steps to deal with economic factors, maintaining steady and fast growth of the national economy, social stability and harmony.
“We continued to put people’s interests first and paid more attention to developing social programs and improving people’s livelihood,” he added.
He further said that the per capita incomes of urban and rural residents have risen at an average annual rate of over 9.3 percent and around 8 percent in the past five years, adding that population below poverty line in the rural areas was noticeably reduced.
The country has made rapid progress in the field of education, social security, health care and other social programs, he added. (ANI)
- China to keep birth rate low: President - Apr 27, 2011
- China still largest developing country in world: Hu Jintao - Jul 01, 2011
- Chinese premier warns of `complicated, grim' job situation - Jul 23, 2012
- China talks energy, power cooperation with Pakistan - Jun 07, 2012
- China vows to promote economy, stability (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- China's top political advisory group vows to promote economy - Mar 03, 2012
- China congratulates Putin on election victory - Mar 05, 2012
- China raises poverty line for farmers - Nov 29, 2011
- China to maintain prudent monetary policy - Dec 14, 2011
- Hu wants plantation drives to support scientific development - Apr 04, 2012
- Chinese President calls for joint efforts to maintain world peace, stability - Apr 14, 2011
- Egyptian president to visit China - Aug 23, 2012
- Sonia to launch rural livelihood mission - Jun 01, 2011
- Senior Chinese Official for better social management to ensure long-term peace - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: beijing, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, developing country, economic factors, harmony, hu jintao, incomes, livelihood, modernization, national economy, poverty line, president hu jintao, prosperous society, rapid progress, respects, rural areas, social security, social stability, xinhua