China launches national drug complaints centreFebruary 28th, 2012 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 28 (IANS) China opened a national centre to receive complaints on pharmaceuticals, health food products, cosmetics and catering.
The centre handles reports of wrong-doings during research, development, production, distribution and utilization, reported Xinhua.
It is also responsible for coordinating efforts to inspect the enterprises and individuals concerned, forming analysis reports and publicizing investigation reports.
China has seen recurring drug and food safety scandals in recent years and the government over the months has introduced a series of measures to boost food and drug safety.
- 76 officials punished over medicine scandal in China - Aug 04, 2012
- China probes preserved fruit additives - Apr 26, 2012
- China to create alternative to human breast milk - Apr 15, 2011
- Most Chinese wary about what they eat: Study - May 31, 2012
- Chemical used in plastics found in Taiwan-made food - Jun 02, 2011
- China to keep an eye on cosmetic contact lenses - Jan 20, 2012
- 248 Chinese officials arrested over food safety flaws in 2010 - Jan 31, 2011
- China shuts down 829 websites, online stores selling fakes - Jul 15, 2011
- China to ensure quality food in schools - Oct 24, 2011
- China launches stringent regulation on melamine to ensure food safety - Sep 26, 2010
- No breast implant ruptures reported in China - Jan 07, 2012
- Chinese hair care company found using banned chemicals - Feb 02, 2011
- Melamine-tainted dairy product reappears in China - Nov 24, 2010
- China to blacklist illegal drug producers - May 31, 2012
- China bans artificial flavours in baby food - Jul 27, 2010