China launches 10-point plan to boost cross-Strait tiesDecember 21st, 2008 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, Dec 21 (Xinhua) China Sunday announced a 10-point plan, including financial aid, to help Taiwan through the global economic crisis.The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and the Bank of China will give 50 billion yuan ($7.3 billion) each to Taiwan-based enterprises in the next two to three years to cope with the crisis, officials said here after a two-day meeting.
The China Development Bank will also give 30 billion yuan to Taiwanese companies as part of the plan in the next three years, officials said.
The meeting discussed financial and economic cooperation, and building regulatory mechanisms in the banking, securities and insurance sectors.
The two sides also agreed to cooperate in the infrastructure and transport sectors.
Jia Qinglin, senior member of the Communist Party of China (CPC), said the latest measures would have a positive influence on the cross-strait relations.
“The future of the cross-Strait ties is in the hands of the compatriots on both sides,” he said.
Wang Yi, director of the CPC Central Committee in Taiwan, said the aim of the discussions were to gather opinions, seek consensus and provide reference for decision-making on both sides.
All topics that serve the needs of cross-Strait relations and benefit the peaceful development of the relations should be included in future forums, he added.
- China, Taiwan to discuss cross-Straits relations - Apr 15, 2009
- China, Taiwan sign historic economic pact (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- China, Taiwan hold economic, cultural forum - Dec 20, 2008
- China offers to help Taiwan tackle financial crisis - Dec 20, 2008
- China, Taiwan sign landmark economic pact - Jun 29, 2010
- China offers to open talks on military issues with Taiwan - Oct 14, 2010
- Cross-Straits forum in China decides to go green - Jul 10, 2010
- Taiwan's 'Grand' thaw with China (With Images) - Jun 30, 2010
- China opposes US-Taiwan relations - Jul 19, 2012
- China-Taiwan set to sign landmark trade deal - Jun 25, 2010
- China wants closer ties with Myanmar - Feb 24, 2012
- China denied rivalry with India, drums up trade, $16 bn deals (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2010
- Taiwan signs financial pact with China - Nov 16, 2009
- China's first bank for technological innovation opens - Aug 16, 2012
- Committed to expanding cooperation with Africa, says China - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: china development bank, commercial bank of china, communist party of china, cpc central committee, cross strait relations, global economic crisis, industrial and commercial bank of china, insurance sectors, regulatory mechanisms, transport sectors