China issues coins on 90th anniversary of CPC (Lead)June 17th, 2011 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, June 17 (IANS) China has issued two coins commemorating the 90th anniversary of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
One coin has a face value of five yuan and the other one yuan. The People’s Bank of China released 60 million five-yuan coins and 30 million one-yuan coins, the Shanghai Daily reported Friday.
The five-yuan coin features the party emblem - a five-pointed star - and an inscription stating “90th anniversary of the Communist Party of China”.
The one-yuan coin has a picture of a girl and a rabbit - as 2011 is the Chinese “Year of the Rabbit”.
With each customer allowed to buy only one set, long queues formed outside Shanghai banks selling the souvenirs.
Commemorative coins are very popular among the Chinese public after some soared in value in recent times.
- Communist Party of China issues coins on 90th anniversary - Jun 17, 2011
- China puts history of communist party online - Jan 02, 2011
- Pakistan to issue Rs.20 coin - May 21, 2011
- China's first bank for technological innovation opens - Aug 16, 2012
- China mulls levy for regional development - Jun 03, 2011
- Learn 36 patriotic songs, Chinese city residents told - Apr 21, 2011
- Chinese college launches morality bank - Mar 08, 2012
- Chinese delegation to visit India, Pakistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Shanghai Disneyland construction begins - Apr 08, 2011
- China bans films, TV shows featuring time travel to discourage re-writing of history - Apr 15, 2011
- China marks 65th anniversary of victory against Japanese invasion - Sep 03, 2010
- China, the driving force for luxury cars - Apr 21, 2011
- 2,270 delegates to attend CPC Congress - Aug 13, 2012
- Gadkari in Beijing for five-day visit - Jan 20, 2011
- Gadkari in China on 'first ever goodwill visit' (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: 30 million, 60 million, 90th anniversary, bank of china, china issues, chinese public, chinese year of the rabbit, commemorative coins, communist party of china, cpc, face value, five pointed star, queues, rabbit, shanghai banks, souvenirs, two coins, year of the rabbit, yuan