China industrial output growth fallsDecember 15th, 2008 - 12:44 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 15 (Xinhua) China’s industrial output rose 5.4 percent year-on-year in November, 2.8 percentage points lower than October, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said Monday. The growth rate, decelerating for the fifth straight month, was 11.9 percentage points lower than a year earlier, according to the NBS.
Industrial output grew at an annual rate of 8.2 percent in October, the slowest in seven years and sharply down from 11.4 percent in September.
By sector, industrial output rose 6.2 percent for the textile industry, 11.6 percent for the non-metal mineral sector, eight percent for equipment manufacturers and 3.6 percent for transport equipment producers.
However, industrial output for the raw chemical materials and chemical products sector fell 3.3 percent last month.
China produced 230 million tonnes of raw coal and 15.86 million tonnes of crude oil in November, up 5.2 percent and 4.9 percent, respectively.
Power generation declined 9.6 percent last month from a year earlier. That followed a four percent fall in October.
In the first 11 months of this year, industrial output jumped 13.7 percent, down from 14.4 percent in the first 10 months and 18.5 percent during the same period last year.
- China's industrial production slows in October - Nov 09, 2011
- China's 2011 GDP growth revised upward - Sep 05, 2012
- South Korea's industrial output shrinks in October - Nov 30, 2011
- China's industrial output up 13.3 percent in November - Dec 11, 2010
- China's Q2 GDP growth slows (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- China's GDP growth slows to 8.1 percent (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Core industries growth rebounds to 6.8 percent - Dec 26, 2011
- China's industrial value-added output up 13.9 percent - Jan 17, 2012
- South Korean industrial output contracts for three months - Jan 31, 2012
- China's retail sales up in December - Jan 17, 2012
- China's industrial output growth rises - Jul 13, 2012
- China's Consumer Price Index eases - Aug 09, 2012
- China's steel output up in first three quarters - Oct 22, 2011
- China's consumer price index growth eases in November - Dec 09, 2011
- Brazilian agribusiness faces shrinking global demand - Aug 08, 2012