China hunts for serial killerAugust 13th, 2012 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 13 (IANS) China has launched a manhunt for a serial killer who has murdered as many as nine people, a media report said.
The search is on in Chongqing following the man’s latest killing during an armed robbery Friday which left a woman dead, the Global Times reported Monday.
The military too is helping to look for the 42-year-old, Zhou Kehua, who is believed to have killed nine people across Chongqing, Changsha and Nanjing.
The search was centered around Gele mountain where he is believed to be hiding.
Zhou shot the woman in front of a Bank of China branch Friday, before grabbing her handbag which contained about 250,000 yuan ($39,300) in cash. He escaped. The woman died on the spot.
The man then killed a railway police officer Saturday afternoon.
- Fugitive Chinese who killed nine shot dead (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Police launch manhunt for 'Chinese Rambo' - Aug 12, 2012
- Chinese serial killer shot dead - Aug 14, 2012
- Chinese police hunt for suspect in armed robbery - Jan 06, 2012
- Three more added to the list of corrupt referees - Dec 22, 2011
- Have kids outside marriage, pay hefty fines - Sep 03, 2010
- Man kills 10 in China - Apr 15, 2011
- Spider spent five days in Chinese woman's ear - Aug 10, 2012
- Chinese man, baby shot dead in Italy - Jan 06, 2012
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- China storm toll rises to 31 - May 07, 2010
- Patient takes revenge on hospital for 'ruined' sex - May 14, 2012
- 13 killed in China coal mine blast - Oct 19, 2011
- Chinese county commission warns of big fine for having babies outside marriage - Sep 08, 2010
- Blank call saves 60-year-old Chinese man's life - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,