China has fourth highest number of millionaires in worldApril 1st, 2010 - 5:46 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 1 (ANI): China has the fourth highest number of millionaires in the world, numbering around 340000 in 2009, despite of 11 percent decrease from the year before.
According to the 2010 edition of “The Wealth Report” released by Citi Private Bank, investible assets of each person in this group, called the High-Net-Worth Individuals (HNWI), total between one million dollars to 10 million dollars, excluding their principal residence.
The survey of global wealth distribution saw a sharp drop in the number of HNWIs as few corners of the world were left untouched by net asset value erosion, CRIENGLISH.com reports.
The United States still holds the largest number of HNWIs, standing at 2,519,000, but that figure has dropped 19 percent following the economic downturn.
Next are Japan and Britain, who have 669,000 and 439,000 people included respectively.
Among the world’s major economies, India and Portugal saw their number of wealthy people most reduced, by 24 percent each, while Hong Kong, Belgium and Russia saw a reduction of around 20 percent.
Although no economy has seen an increase in the number of millionaires, the report says the fact that asset prices have recovered strongly since mid-2009 means the numbers are expected to recover relatively rapidly. (ANI)
- China had 535,000 millionaires in 2010 - Oct 13, 2011
- China's super-rich to get richer - May 08, 2012
- China boasts 3rd-largest population of millionaires in the world - Dec 03, 2010
- Beijing, Shanghai gain top cities ranking - Mar 28, 2012
- Millionaire households grow in China - Jun 05, 2012
- US minted more millionaires in 2009 - Mar 10, 2010
- Indian millionaires' number up by 50 percent in 2009 - Jun 23, 2010
- Rich Chinese invest abroad, keen to emigrate - Apr 22, 2011
- China has 960,000 millionaires and still counting... - Apr 13, 2011
- Some millionaires do not feel wealthy: Fidelity survey - Mar 15, 2011
- China's rich building wealth in property - Dec 24, 2011
- China home to 383,000 super rich in 2010 - Dec 29, 2010
- New jobless claims fall in US - May 20, 2011
- US millionaires feel that $7 million is not enough to be called 'rich' - Mar 15, 2011
- U.S. Millionaires rising again - Mar 10, 2010
Tags: 10 million, 340000, asset prices, asset value, assets, belgium, economic downturn, erosion, global wealth, high net worth individuals, hong kong, millionaires in the world, New Delhi, number of millionaires, one million dollars, portugal, principal residence, private bank, russia, wealth distribution