China busts gun trafficking ringOctober 20th, 2011 - 4:39 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 20 (IANS) Chinese police have busted a gun trafficking ring after 17 members of the gang were arrested. It used to smuggle arms from northern Myanmar.
They used to cross into Tibet through the mountainous Shangri-la region, China Daily reported quoting the police Wednesday.
The traffickers were apprehended from different parts of China as part of a crackdown launched some nine months ago.
The nationalities of the arrested gang members have not been disclosed. A huge cache of arms and ammunitions were confiscated from them.
They began trafficking guns from Myanmar in 2009. The firearms were sold in the Tibetan region and in the provinces of Yunnan and Sichuan, police said.
- China busts gang that sells illegal firearms - May 25, 2012
- Gun smuggling in China via express delivery, internet - Apr 05, 2012
- Chinese child-trafficking ring busted - Jul 06, 2012
- Three arms smugglers held, weapons seized in Bengal - Mar 12, 2011
- China destroys 100,000 seized guns - Jun 13, 2012
- Chinese police bust drug ring - Jun 28, 2012
- 31 abducted infants rescued in China - Jun 01, 2012
- Over 20 held in China drug bust - Mar 15, 2012
- China to crack down on illegal gun possession - Feb 10, 2012
- Three Myanmarese arms smugglers arrested in Meghalaya - Jun 19, 2011
- 600 Chinese held in child trafficking racket - Dec 07, 2011
- China busts child-abduction racket, rescues 22 kids - May 12, 2011
- NIA grills Myanmarese arms smugglers (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Four nations start Mekong river patrol - Dec 11, 2011
- Chinese woman gets death for infant trafficking - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: ammunitions, beijing, busts, china daily, chinese police, crackdown, firearms, gang members, gun trafficking, guns, nationalities, nine months, northern myanmar, shangri la, sichuan, tibet, traffickers, yunnan