China bus fire toll rises to 27June 7th, 2009 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
Chengdu (China), June 7 (Xinhua) The toll in a bus fire accident in China Sunday rose to 27 after two more passengers succumbed to their injuries, an official said.
The two victims had received severe burn injuries after the bus in which they were travelling caught fire in southwest China Friday. Seventy-six people were injured in the blaze.
Eighteen people are still in critical condition, Yang Wei, director of Chengdu City Health Bureau, said.
The bus was on its way from Tianhui Township to Sichuan provincial capital of Chengdu at the time of the accident.
- 24 killed in China bus fire - Jun 05, 2009
- China bus accident toll reaches 18 (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- 41 die in China bus fire - Jul 22, 2011
- 26 missing after bus falls into China river (Lead) - Jul 18, 2010
- Fifteen killed when bus plunges into gorge in southwest China - Aug 07, 2010
- 27 missing after bus falls into China river - Jul 18, 2010
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- 47 killed in two China expressway collisions - Aug 26, 2012
- 16 killed, 21 injured in road accident in Tibet - Mar 15, 2011
- 18 school kids killed in China accident - Nov 16, 2011
- 32 die in Pakistan road accident (Lead) - Jan 23, 2011
- Earthquake blamed for divorce rise in southwest China - Nov 08, 2010
- Four killed in China bus accidents - Jan 08, 2012
- Two Tibetans set themselves afire in China - Oct 08, 2011
- Three die in freak accident - Feb 22, 2012