China bus accident toll reaches 18 (Lead)January 5th, 2012 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 5 (IANS) The toll in a bus accident in southwest China rose to 18 Thursday after two more people succumbed to their injuries, authorities said.
The accident took place around 6.30 p.m. Wednesday when a passenger bus fell off a bridge in Guizhou province.
The bus was travelling on the Lanzhou-Haikou expressway in Guiding county. Fifty-seven people were on board.
Among the injured, six are in critical condition, Xinhua quoted an official as saying.
- Four killed in China bus crash - Feb 01, 2012
- 16 killed in China accident - Jan 05, 2012
- 12 cars collide in China, three dead - Feb 27, 2012
- Four killed in China bus accidents - Jan 08, 2012
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- 13 killed in China road accident - Jan 03, 2012
- 17 killed in China bus accident - Jun 20, 2012
- Five die in China quake - Sep 07, 2012
- 13 dead in China bus accident - Aug 01, 2010
- Nine killed in China bus accident - Oct 21, 2010
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Seven die in 100-vehicle pile-up in China - Dec 27, 2010
- 23 die in China accident - Apr 12, 2012
- 300 Chinese kids ill after having school lunch - Apr 10, 2012
- 51 dead in China road, rail accidents (Lead) - May 23, 2010