China-assembled A320 aircraft to take off in MayFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 10:49 am ICT by IANS
Tianjin, Feb 2 (Xinhua) The first Airbus A320 aircraft assembled in China is scheduled to make a test flight in May, about a month before its delivery, an official in the northern port city of Tianjin has said.The test flight will be held at Tianjin Airport, where a new runway is being built to facilitate trial flights of all A320 family aircraft, said Feng Zhijiang, head of the administrative committee of the Tianjin Free Trade Zone.
Currently five A320 planes are being assembled at the Tianjin final assembly line, the first Airbus production facility outside Europe.
Feng said major parts of the aircraft had been put together in Hamburg in Germany before being transported to Tianjin for final assembly.
“Another 12 China-assembled A320 will be delivered next year,” he said. “They will adopt Chinese-made parts, including wings and fuselage, and assembly of the major parts will also be done here in Tianjin.”
The Airbus A320 final assembly line in Tianjin was launched in September last year as the company’s third general assembly line. The other two are in France and Germany. The Tianjin facility is used for assembling A319 and A320 aircraft.
In another development, the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) has sealed a deal with Airbus on a joint venture in northeast China to jointly produce composite material parts and components for the new wide-body A350 aircraft.
The agreement was signed in Madrid Friday between Airbus China and Harbin Aircraft Industry (Group) Co., a company under the AVIC.
The Chinese group would hold an 80 percent stake in the new plant in Harbin, capital of Heilongjiang province, and Airbus would hold the remaining 20 percent.
- First China-assembled A320 conducts maiden flight test - May 20, 2009
- Airbus delivers first China-assembled A320 jet - Jun 23, 2009
- Air China to launch Chengdu-Mumbai direct flight - Mar 01, 2012
- China signs deal for 50 Airbus planes - Aug 30, 2012
- Airbus to set up assembly line in US - Jul 03, 2012
- Chinese-made amphibious aircraft to take off in 2013 - Oct 21, 2009
- China to buy 88 planes from Airbus - Jun 30, 2011
- Air China opens flight to Mumbai - May 02, 2012
- Air Namibia orders two Airbus A319s in $161 million deal - Feb 06, 2012
- First Boeing C-17s to arrive in India by mid-2013 - Aug 01, 2012
- Airbus may join China's aircraft project - Sep 26, 2008
- China unveils first ultra-light civilian helicopter - Sep 15, 2011
- Air India to operate 106 domestic flights daily (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines guillotines international operations - Mar 14, 2012
- For dogs in Chinese city, size matters - Apr 19, 2012
Tags: a319, a320 family, administrative committee, airbus a320 aircraft, aircraft industry, assembly line, aviation industry, avic, chinese group, composite material, final assembly, free trade zone, harbin, heilongjiang province, industry group, northeast china, test flight, tianjin, trial flights, xinhua