China asks websites to stop pornographic contentJuly 16th, 2010 - 7:35 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 16 (IANS) China has asked 122 websites to stop offering online reading and downloading services with pornographic content.
Those websites failing to comply would be shut down, an official with the General Administration of Press and Publication (GAPP) said.
As part of its nationwide crackdown on pornography, the GAPP has, since December 2009, periodically published lists of websites found to be offering pornographic content, Xinhua reported.
- China to shut down 122 blogs, pornographic sites - Jul 16, 2010
- China exposes 19 websites in latest crackdown on pornography - Dec 17, 2010
- 99 Chinese websites found offering porn novels - May 11, 2011
- 55 Chinese websites asked to delete porn contents - Jun 10, 2010
- China orders 48 websites to remove porn contents - Mar 26, 2010
- China bans 43 online pornographic novels - Jun 07, 2011
- China shuts down 60,000 porn sites - Nov 24, 2010
- Chinese microblogs closed for spreading porn - Nov 01, 2011
- 2,000 Chinese awarded for reporting online porn - Mar 05, 2012
- China shuts down porn sites - Apr 01, 2011
- China bans 16,000 more websites for containing pornography content - Feb 12, 2010
- China shuts down 60,000 websites in porn crackdown - Nov 24, 2010
- Chinese gets jail term for Internet pornography - Feb 17, 2012
- Chain of Chinese porn websites shut - Aug 25, 2011
- 13 mn illegal publications seized in China - Sep 04, 2011