China asks India, Pakistan to probe Mumbai attacksDecember 23rd, 2008 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 23 (Xinhua) China Tuesday called on India and Pakistan to probe the Mumbai terror attacks through peaceful consultations. “We hope to see improvement in the India-Pakistan relations,” foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang told a press conference in responding to questions on the South Asia situation.
He said improvement in the relationship between India and Pakistan, both important nations in South Asia, will help to maintain regional peace and stability.
China would, as always, support efforts by both countries to improve bilateral relations and safeguard regional peace, Qin said.
He said China had strongly denounced the attacks on Mumbai that killed at least 173 people and more than 300 others injured.
“We agree that the international community should cooperate to fight terrorism,” he said, adding that the identity of the mastermind in the Mumbai terror attacks awaited further investigation by concerned countries.
He called on India and Pakistan to work together through peaceful consultations to investigate the cause of the attacks and combat terrorism.
- China welcomes India-Pakistan foreign ministers dialogue - Jul 15, 2010
- China hails warming India-Pakistan ties - Apr 09, 2012
- China urged to persuade Pakistan to dismantle terror network - Dec 26, 2008
- China welcomes India-Pakistan dialogue - Mar 29, 2011
- Ahead of Mohali, India and Pakistan agree to promote peace (Roundup) - Mar 29, 2011
- China supports improved India-Pakistan ties - Nov 03, 2011
- China expresses concern over rising tensions between India,Pak - Dec 31, 2008
- Iran, Pakistan on anvil as Clinton and Krishna meet (Afternoon Lead) - May 08, 2012
- India, Pakistan must work to promote peace: Zardari - Jul 25, 2012
- India warns of 'dark shadow of terror' from Pakistan - Nov 23, 2011
- 'Trade can lead to peace between India, Pakistan' - Feb 15, 2012
- India still main LeT target, but it has spread wings: US commander - Apr 13, 2011
- Better Pakistan-India ties vital for region, says China - Apr 09, 2012
- Pakistan rules out US role in resolving bilateral issues with India - Apr 01, 2011
- Mumbai attacks accused must be brought to justice: UN chief - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: bilateral relations, combat terrorism, foreign ministry spokesman, india and pakistan, india pakistan, mumbai terror attack, pakistan relations, peace and stability, regional peace, relationship between india, terror attacks