Children of Iranian woman on death row ‘threatened’September 16th, 2010 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Sep 16 (IANS/AKI) Children of the Iranian woman, sentenced to death by stoning for adultery and killing her husband, have launched a plea for help from the international community after receiving “threats” by security authorities at home.
“Help us. We feel alone and, with an exception of our brave lawyer Javid Hutan Kian, inside the Islamic Republic we are completely abandoned,” read an open letter sent late Wednesday to AKI by Kian and written by Sajjad and Sahideh Ghaderzadeh.
The Ghaderzadehs’ mother, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, had been sentenced to death by stoning but following international pressure, Iranian authorities have said they would not carry out the stoning sentence for the time being, but she still faces execution by hanging.
In the letter the Ghaderzadehs say they have been threatened by security agents who pledged continuing harassment.
“When intelligence agents broke into our lawyer’s office they threatened us, telling us that even if we succeed in saving the life of our mother, we will never be left in peace.”
They said the “threats have made our lives into a tragedy. We don’t know what else to do. We are alone and worried. Even worse, we have been shunned by our relatives who don’t want to see us because of our support for our mother”.
“Don’t leave us alone,” the children said in the letter, pleading for further international support.
- Iranian lawyer says he's been tortured in prison - Mar 02, 2011
- Iranian woman's stoning sentence 'still in place' - Sep 28, 2010
- Iranian lawyer sentenced to six years' jail - Feb 21, 2012
- Son and lawyer of condemned woman tortured in Iran - Oct 29, 2010
- Stoning of Iranian woman 'barbaric': EU - Sep 08, 2010
- Iranian 'death by stoning' woman's son reported missing - Oct 13, 2010
- Celebrities sign open letter urging Iran to release 'death by stoning' woman - Dec 14, 2010
- Iran stoning woman 'not about to be hanged' - Dec 29, 2011
- Iranian 'adultress' to be executed Wednesday - Nov 02, 2010
- Iranian stoning-to-death woman 'lashed 99 times' for false picture published by Times - Sep 06, 2010
- Iran woman facing stoning to death sentenced to 99 lashes for false picture published by Times - Sep 05, 2010
- Don't stone Iranian woman: Italian president - Sep 08, 2010
- Iran's 'stoning to death' woman brought out for dinner with children following son's appeal - Jan 02, 2011
- Execution of Iranian woman for adultry on hold - Aug 30, 2010
- Iranian 'death by stoning' woman's son, lawyer say torture denial on TV also under duress - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: adultery, aki, death by stoning, dg, execution, harassment, intelligence agents, iranian authorities, iranian woman, islamic republic, kian, kv, lawyer, plea, relatives, sajjad, security agents, security authorities, tehran, woman on death row