Child Flies High with Darsheel Safary on the CoverMay 9th, 2008 - 7:27 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 9 (ANI - Business Wire India): CHILD, the second issue of the new English monthly parenting magazine, hit the stands today with Darsheel Safary. The star of Taare Zameen Par.
Darsheel Safary refuses to be called ‘child star’ smiles off the cover of the May issue of CHILD, reminding parents about what it is to be a ’special’ child! After an overwhelming response to its launch issue, CHILD focuses on ’special’ issues: Darsheel Safary aside, the second issue of CHILD celebrates Mother’s Day, offering several exciting and innovative ideas to mark the special occasion.
Darsheel is ‘That Special Something Child’ that the magazine was looking for when it announced ‘That Special Something Child Cover Hunt’ three months before its launch in April 2008, attracting 33,000 entries! With Darsheel on the cover there is a whole new excitement around the cover hunt and CHILD is sure to reach its target of 50,000 entries. Besides the circulation has been boosted by another 10 percent taking the total circulation figure to 1.1lakh.
“Shooting with Darsheel for the cover was a joyful experience,” says CHILD Editor Vatsala Kaul Banerjee. It’s a pleasure to see a child so confident and happy with himself. Speaking with him it hit all of us at CHILD, again, how parenting can make or break a child’s self-assurance, build or destroy that faith in one’s self that is the foundation for a happy child and a happy adult. Darsheel, with his obvious self-belief became a natural choice for the cover page of CHILD as a great example of great parenting!”
Eight-year-old Darsheel, film star, award winner, competition to King Khan himself, talks to CHILD about his most precious possessions, the one thing he’d like to change about his life and much more. He’s made a place in every heart by his sensitive and mature portrayal of a dyslexic boy in the acclaimed Taare Zameen Par. But Darsheel remains a lively, mischievous and loveable schoolboy who likes Michael Jackson songs, playstations, dosas and God.
The emphasis of the May issue is on something else too that’s ’special’ Mother’s Day! CHILD offers a fund of choices on how to celebrate this day and make it memorable. Kids and dads can choose from many options to spend the day joyfully, one of the most exciting being ‘The Great Mommy Shopping Challenge’ wherein three super-shopper mothers go out and shop within a given budget.
For the kids, the magazine has a greeting card they can paint and present to their moms.
The magazine covers aspects like health, baby specials, the ‘grow guide’, food, and fashion, among others. The magazine is a guide for all parents making the life simpler for them as parents. This edition also carries a special report on Bringing up Children in a hi-tech world, apart from dealing with other imp issues like why kids lie? (ANI)
- Darsheel to feature on 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah' (With Images) - Apr 14, 2011
- Darsheel will always be my superhero: Aamir (With Images) - Apr 21, 2011
- Darsheel out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 5' - Sep 01, 2012
- Jackie Chan's stunt director trained Darsheel (With Images) - Mar 29, 2011
- Aamir Khan Takes A Keen Interest In Darsheel's Release - May 14, 2010
- Darsheel turns 15, spends birthday in Sri Lanka (With Image) - Mar 09, 2011
- Darsheel impresses LA audiences with superhero act in 'Zokkomon' - Apr 25, 2011
- Darsheel woos Madhuri, Priyanka (TV Snippets) (With image) - Jun 11, 2012
- Poor special effects, lax plot mar kids film 'Zokkomon' (IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating: **) - Apr 23, 2011
- Darsheel Safary's wish - to be a superhero in real life - Jan 25, 2010
- Amole Gupte creates another Darsheel - Apr 17, 2011
- Sanjay Suri back with film on stifled childhood - Apr 28, 2012
- Millionaire Taare on Dus Ka Dum - Jun 09, 2009
- Special presentation on 'Taare...' at Unesco headquarters - Feb 02, 2010
- I want Aamir uncle to be proud of me: Darsheel - May 14, 2010
Tags: child star, happy child, innovative ideas, joyful experience, kaul, king khan, launch, natural choice, overwhelming response, parenting magazine, precious possessions, safary, schoolboy, self assurance, self belief, special something, star award winner, taare zameen par, target, vatsala