Chicken Madras, Rogan josh make it to UKs Healthiest Takeaway listJanuary 8th, 2009 - 6:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 8 (ANI): Indian spicy dish Chicken Madras has topped a new list of healthy takeaways.
Chicken Madras comes from southern India and the curry is quite hot owing to a fairly large amount of chilli in the recipe, reports the Scotsman.
The list, compiled by online takeaway site Just-Eat.co.uk, included rogan josh at number three.
Rogan josh is an aromatic curry dish popular in India. Rogan means clarified butter in Persian, while Josh means hot or passionate. Rogan Josh thus means meat cooked in clarified butter at intense heat.
Rogan Josh was brought to India by the Moghuls. The unrelenting heat of the Indian plains took the Moghuls frequently to Kashmir, which is where the first Indian adoption of Rogan Josh occurred.
Kebabs, pizza and Chinese takeaways also made it to the list.
A food website has compiled a top ten list of healthy takeaways. (ANI)
- Book launched on coastal Maharashtrian cuisine - Feb 03, 2012
- Pizzas beat Indian curry meals in Britain - Aug 09, 2010
- Bengali-Islamic fusion food debuts in Delhi (Eating Out With IANS) - Feb 16, 2011
- China chaat, pomfret roast rock Chittaranjan Park's food platter - Oct 04, 2011
- Indian cuisines coexist, promote tolerance: Australian restaurateur - Nov 16, 2011
- Britain's love affair with Indian curry hits 200-year landmark - Jun 25, 2010
- Forget Indian curry meals, Pizza is now Britain's favourite dish - Aug 09, 2010
- Chomping on cheese and chilli delights in Bhutan - Apr 29, 2011
- Pakistanis cook a platter, forge cultural bonds - Apr 15, 2012
- Thali goes quick-eat in world of corporate bites (With Images) - Aug 21, 2011
- Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Indian chef makes curry that helps people sleep - Aug 09, 2012
- Tandoori versus sorpotel: Goan cuisine on collision path (Eating Out With IANS) - Apr 15, 2011
- Thai green curry is the way to a spicy sex life! - Jul 23, 2008
- British balti chicken aiming to capture Indian taste buds - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: chicken madras, chilli, chinese takeaways, curry, dish chicken, food website, indian adoption, intense heat, kashmir, kebabs, london jan, moghuls, persian, pizza, rogan josh, scotsman, southern india, spicy dish, takeaway, top ten list