Chicago chef enters Obamas kitchenJanuary 29th, 2009 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
Chicago, Jan 29 (ANI): Sam Kass, who was one of the cooks at the chic Avec restaurant in Chicago two years ago, has now become a part of US President Barack Obamas kitchen cabinet.
The 28-year-old cook was the Obama familys personal chef in Chicago.
And on January 28, spokeswoman for first lady Michelle Obama announced Kass as an assistant White House chef.
He will work under executive chef Cristeta Comerford, a holdover from the Bush White House.
Kass grew up in Chicago, trained in Europe and graduated from the University of Chicago.
His private chef business, Inevitable Table, says it promotes a health lifestyle that focuses on the quality and flavour of food to encourage good eating habits, reports The Chicago Sun Times. (ANI)
- White House veggies in fresh scam - Jan 17, 2010
- State dinner for Manmohan Singh on White House lawn - Nov 19, 2009
- Heres what will be cooked in the Obama kitchen! - Mar 20, 2009
- Dinner under the tent for Manmohan Singh; Bill Clinton won't attend (Lead) - Nov 19, 2009
- Michelle Obama to host celeb cookery show - Nov 06, 2009
- Mrs 'O', how does your garden grow? - Oct 31, 2010
- Michelle Obama appears on reality cook show to promote healthy eating - Jan 04, 2010
- State banquet: Menu will be heavy on veggies, low on red meat - Nov 24, 2009
- Michelle Obama to take 'Let's Move!' anti-obesity drive global - Feb 09, 2011
- Michelle Obama admits she's a "lover" of french fries - Sep 14, 2010
- Putin tests every meal before eating: Former chef - Jul 25, 2012
- Obama favorite Spiaggia nominated for Chicagos top restaurant award - Mar 24, 2009
- Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra - May 08, 2012
- Obamas' State Dinner was `"magnifiscent', unforgettable experience: PM - Nov 27, 2009
Tags: bush, chicago sun times, cooks, cristeta comerford, europe, executive chef, first lady, flavour, good eating habits, health lifestyle, holdover, jan 29, kass, kitchen cabinet, michelle obama, personal chef, private chef, spokeswoman, university of chicago, white house