Cheryl Cole has stage frightApril 27th, 2009 - 1:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 27 (IANS) British singer Cheryl Cole, who was voted the world’s sexiest woman by FHM magazine last week, is “petrified” of going onstage.
The “Girls Aloud” singer reportedly feels she is not as talented as her band mates and is scared of being shown up on their new tour, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The 25-year-old got so panicky on the opening night of the tour at Manchester’s Men Arena Friday that band mates Sarah Harding, Nadine Coyle, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts had to make her sit and give her an “emergency pep talk”, minutes before they were due on stage.
“In rehearsals Cheryl was downbeat and quiet. Everyone was really worried,” said a source close to the band.
“She’s got a lot going on in her personal life and I think she’s finding it tough being the nation’s sweetheart and dealing with all the attention that comes with that,” added the source.
- Cheryl Cole to reunite with Girls Aloud for 2012 tour - Jun 01, 2011
- Cole, Coyle patch up - Jun 12, 2012
- Nicola Roberts gives speech on Walsh's birthday - Nov 22, 2011
- Kimberley Walsh plans New Year party - Dec 24, 2010
- Girls Aloud to reunite in 2012 - Jun 11, 2011
- Kimberley Walsh wants anonymity - Feb 05, 2011
- Cheryl Cole to reunite 'Girls Aloud' band - Jun 02, 2011
- Nadine Coyle confirms Girls Aloud reunion - Jul 20, 2011
- Girls Aloud to regroup without Nadine Coyle - Jul 29, 2010
- Nicola Roberts unhappy with hiatus - Jan 31, 2012
- 'Girls Aloud' plans their farewell tour - Sep 26, 2011
- Walsh wants Girls Aloud reunion - Dec 05, 2011
- Girls Aloud will not perform for 2 years - Aug 30, 2010
- Spice Girls performance made Harding nostalgic - Aug 27, 2012
- Next 'Girls Aloud' album will be different: Roberts - Sep 05, 2011
Tags: band mates, british singer, cheryl cole, girls, kimberley walsh, london, men arena, nadine coyle, nicola roberts, pep talk, personal life, rehearsals, sarah harding, sexiest woman, stage fright, sweetheart