Cherie Blair wore pendant to ‘ward off evil spirits, cope with life at No 10′January 16th, 2011 - 11:52 am ICT by ANI
London, Jan 16 (ANI): Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair’s wife Cherie wore a pendant to ‘ward off evil spirits’ because she needed to be ’slightly mad’ to deal with life at No 10.
In the latest installment of diaries by Blair’s former spin chief Alastair Campbell, the first two years of Blair’s premiership have been covered, reports the Daily Mail.
In the volume, Campbell reveals how he warned the ex-prime minister about his wife’s ‘madder stuff’, such as her support for alternative therapies.
In a section on Cherie, Campbell discussed a report in a newspaper about a “bioelectric shield” pendant “that was supposed to ward off evil spirits and harmful rays” she had been pictured wearing.
He wrote, “I said to Fiona (Millar, Campbell’s partner and an adviser to Cherie), she had to get a hold of all this madder stuff but she said Cherie never raised it with her because she knew she would disapprove.”
Campbell also discussed Cherie’s interest in alternative therapies with her husband.
“TB said they had to be slightly mad to cope. He was very sympathetic to Cherie doing this alternative b******s because of he thought it was her way of coping,” he wrote.
The book has also revealed that Blair consulted the Bible before making key decisions. He read a passage about John the Baptist for hours before ordering a bombing raid on Iraq in 1998.
“TB was clearly having a bit of a wobble. He said he had been reading the Bible last night, as he often did when the really big decisions were on, and he had read something about John the Baptist and Herod which had caused him to rethink, albeit not change his mind,” wrote Campbell. (ANI)
- 'Cherie allowed to wear pendant to cope with number 10' - Jan 15, 2011
- Tony Blair 'loved to drink while travelling' - Nov 29, 2010
- Cherie had an 'incredible instinct' for offending people, says Tony Blair - Sep 02, 2010
- Presley wrote 'I love ya mama' on Bible after mum's death - May 13, 2010
- Cherie Blair sells Tony Blair's signature for a mere 10 Pounds on the auction site eBay - Oct 27, 2010
- 'I was an animal in the bedroom', says Tony Blair - Sep 02, 2010
- Who wouldn't want Mauritius trip: Cherie Blair at poverty meet - Sep 24, 2010
- Tony Blair jokes about sex with America's Loose Women as he plugs his memoirs - Sep 15, 2010
- Tony Blair's memoirs 'A Journey' nominated for Bad Sex Award! - Oct 15, 2010
- Tony Blair says Princess Diana was a manipulator like him - Sep 01, 2010
- Tony Blair calls off book bash over protest threat - Sep 09, 2010
- Bush first bonded with Blair over comedy film, 'Meet the Parents' - Nov 10, 2010
- Why the Queen refused to give Mike Jagger a knighthood? - Jul 11, 2012
- Tony Blair branded 'tiger' over sex revelations - Sep 09, 2010
- Mystery behind Tony Blair's black eye - Jul 04, 2009
Tags: adviser, alternative therapies, bible, bioelectric shield, cherie blair, daily mail, evil spirits, harmful rays, john the baptist, john the baptist and herod, key decisions, london jan, madder, minister tony blair, premiership, prime minister tony blair, tb, tony blair, wife cherie, wobble