Chennai trio to scorch racing trackMarch 20th, 2008 - 5:10 pm ICT by admin
By Anand Philar
Sepang (Malaysia), March 20 (IANS) Chennai is known to be the hub of motor sports in India. Besides boasting of an international-standard racing track at Sriperumbudur, the city will create history here this weekend, as three of its boys will be participating in Formula races. Karun Chandhok (24) and Armaan Ebrahim (18) will be driving in the GP2 race while Aditya Patel (19) is set to make his international racing debut in the Formula BMW Pacific series for Team Eurasia.
Karun is comparatively an “old hand” with nearly five seasons in Formula racing and currently is with iSport International, the 2007 champions.
Armaan, among the most talented Indian drivers, is in his debut GP2 season after stints in Formula Renault (UK), Formula V6 and A1 Grand Prix, and will be driving for Team David Price Racing (DPR).
Karun said he was looking forward to a good weekend especially in the light of encouraging test results in the past few weeks.
“I am quite happy with the car and our tests, especially at the Paul Ricard circuit where I topped the time charts, and hopefully, we will enjoy a great weekend here,” Karun said.
On his part, Armaan, who braved heavy rain to finish ninth in round two at Sentul, Indonesia, felt that he was short on track time, but remained undeterred.
Radiating confidence, he said: “Due to budget constraints, I missed out on six days of tests at Barcelona and Paul Ricard, but I will try hard to make up for the lost time.”
Aditya fancies delivering a good result in the rookie class as he has benefited from nearly two weeks of practice.
- Bumpy ride for Karthikeyan and Chandhok - Oct 23, 2011
- JK Racing Asia series set for Euro debut - Jun 29, 2012
- Karun to test with GP2 teams - Nov 26, 2010
- Chandhok, Gill shone in motorsports (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 26, 2010
- JK Asia Series to run in Europe (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- From pastime to Formula One: 107 years of India's motorsports - Oct 22, 2011
- Formula One legends embrace i1Super Series - Dec 20, 2011
- i1Super Series drivers to be unveiled Monday - Dec 19, 2011
- JK Racing Asia Series to have two rounds in Europe - May 24, 2012
- Armaan tests for Indy Lights - Nov 01, 2011
- Armaan set for fresh Formula 2 season - Apr 14, 2011
- Buddh circuit gets a thumbs-up but dust remains a concern - Oct 28, 2011
- Armaan hopeful of points finish in Formula 2 championship - Aug 25, 2011
- i1 Series car gets the nod from drivers - Dec 20, 2011
- Armaan to test for Indy Lights series - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: a1 grand prix, aditya, armaan, budget constraints, david price, dpr, ebrahim, five seasons, formula bmw, formula renault, heavy rain, isport international, paul ricard circuit, renault uk, rookie class, sentul, sports in india, stints, time charts, track time