Cheney hunts down pheasants with an ambulance in towNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:06 am ICT by admin
The Stars and Bars were clearly visible from the open-doored garage; there were no signs of the Stars and Stripes elsewhere.
“I am calling on Vice President Cheney to denounce the club and apologize for going to a club that represents lynching, hate and murder to black people,” the Reverend. Al Sharpton said in a statement.
“In this age of Jena and hangmen nooses all over the country, for the vice president to relax under the flag of the hangmen nooses is an unpardonable insult to all Americans, particularly blacks,” Sharpton added.
A Cheney spokesman said the vice president never saw the flag.
And for most in this small town of 4,500, the visit was barely noteworthy.
“There really wasn’t that much hoopla,” said Town Supervisor Lisette Hitsman.
“When all of a sudden you have a bunch of white SUVs, then some black SUVs, then a whole lot of men with dark glasses, we knew it was Dick Cheney,” Hitsman said.
She noted the town’s all-volunteer fire and rescue company was at-the-ready.
Cheney spent about six hours hunting, enjoying near-perfect temperatures in the 50s. He was gone by 3:45 p.m.
Cheney became a punch line in 2006 after he sprayed a hunting companion, lawyer Harry Whittington, in Texas.
The vice president came under fire for not going public with the incident for four days.
Cheney called the mishap “one of the worst days” of his life. But Whittington graciously forgave his pal, and chided the media for being so hard on the veep. (ANI)
- Dick Cheney used to keep his resignation letter in a secret place - Aug 25, 2011
- Former Vice President Dick Cheney Calls President Barack Obama "One Term President" - Jan 19, 2011
- Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant - Mar 25, 2012
- Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Hospitalized - Jun 26, 2010
- Dick Cheney Is Now Feeling Better: Liz Cheney - Jun 28, 2010
- Dick Cheney claims in memoir that Colin Powell took cheap shots at him during Bush era - Aug 29, 2011
- Dick Cheney Says He Offered To Quit Vice Presidency Thrice - Jan 18, 2011
- Cheney steers clear of Palin's US President dreams - Jan 19, 2011
- Bush fell out with Cheney over aide's spy scandal - Nov 09, 2010
- Dick Cheney heckled at CPAC - Feb 11, 2011
- Bush almost dumped "Darth Vader of administration" Cheney as running mate - Nov 03, 2010
- Dick Cheney faces bribery charges in Nigeria over LNG plant scandal - Dec 03, 2010
- Nigeria files bribery charges against Cheney in LNG plant scandal - Dec 08, 2010
- Dick Cheney feeling better after getting hospital treatment - Jun 28, 2010
- Republican Dick Cheney Voices That He Offered To Quit The U.S. Vice Presidency On Three Occasions - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: clove mountain, clove valley, club headquarters, confederate flag, dark glasses, dick cheney, graciously, harry whittington, lynching, new york post, reverend al sharpton, rod and gun, rod and gun club, stars and bars, stars and stripes, suvs, town supervisor, union vale, vice president cheney