Cheney believes Obama will only serve one term as presidentJanuary 18th, 2011 - 3:00 pm ICT by ANI
Virginia (US), Jan.18 (ANI): Former US Vice President Dick Cheney has reiterated his belief that President Obama will serve just one term.
“I think his overall approach to expanding the size of government, expanding the deficit, and giving more and more authority and power to the government over the private sector is a lack of — sort of a feel for the role of the private sector in — in creating jobs, in creating wealth and getting our economy back on track. Those are all weaknesses, as I look at Barack Obama. And I think he’ll be a one term president,” Cheney said in an interview to NBC’s “Today,” set to air on Tuesday.
Regarding previous statements that the Obama administration’s policies have made the country less safe, the former vice president carefully hedged his response.
“As I say, I think he’s found it necessary to be more sympathetic to the kinds of things we did. They’ve gotten active, for example, with the drone program, using Predator and the Reaper to launch strikes against identified terrorist targets in the various places in the world.
“That’s all well and good. That’s a plus that he’s learned in that regard. But I still worry that until you’ve been there — clearly a day I’ll never forget– 9/11– I mean most Americans will always remember where they were on that day. But to sit in the presidential bunker under the White House as al Qaeda launches hijacked aircraft and hits New York, hits Washington and kills 3,000 Americans, that’s something I’ll never forget,” Cheney said. (ANI)
- Former Vice President Dick Cheney Calls President Barack Obama "One Term President" - Jan 19, 2011
- Bush almost dumped "Darth Vader of administration" Cheney as running mate - Nov 03, 2010
- Dick Cheney claims in memoir that Colin Powell took cheap shots at him during Bush era - Aug 29, 2011
- Movement to foot Cheney for 2012 presidential elections against Obama - Dec 06, 2009
- Dick Cheney wanted to remake Middle East after 9/11, invade Iraq: Tony Blair - Sep 06, 2010
- Republican Dick Cheney Voices That He Offered To Quit The U.S. Vice Presidency On Three Occasions - Jan 18, 2011
- Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Hospitalized - Jun 26, 2010
- Cheney steers clear of Palin's US President dreams - Jan 19, 2011
- Jindal calls Obama 'most liberal, most incompetent' - Jun 09, 2012
- Dick Cheney Is Now Feeling Better: Liz Cheney - Jun 28, 2010
- Dick Cheney feeling better after getting hospital treatment - Jun 28, 2010
- There are things about government that I miss: Cheney - Apr 22, 2009
- Bush fell out with Cheney over aide's spy scandal - Nov 09, 2010
- Bobby Jindal intensifies attack on Obama - Jul 19, 2012
- Cheney calls for declassification of CIA memos showing interrogation results - Apr 21, 2009
Tags: al qaeda, barack obama, creating wealth, dick cheney, drone, former vice president, nbc, places in the world, predator, president cheney, president dick cheney, president virginia, private sector, reaper, strikes, term president, terrorist targets, us vice president, vice president dick, vice president dick cheney