Chemical analysis links ISI to CIA killings in KhostJanuary 11th, 2010 - 4:17 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 11(ANI): The chemical fingerprint of the bomb used by the Jordanian double agent that killed seven Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) officers at a US base in Khost Province of Afghanistan last week reportedly matches the kind produced by Pakistan’s Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
According to the Daily Beast, early evidence in the December 30 bombing suggests a link to Pakistan, and the chemical fingerprint of the bomb matches an explosive type used by ISI.
“It is not possible that the Jordanian double agent received that type of explosive without the help of ISI. The problem is that CIA trusted a Jordanian, but not the Afghan operatives we offer to them. If the U.S. forces recruit, they must recruit Afghans who do not have family members in Pakistan,” the website quoted a senior Government aide to Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, as saying.
Meanwhile, the CIA has declined to comment on the accusation of a possible ISI role.
Seven CIA operatives, including the chief of the base, an officer of Jordan’s General Intelligence Directorate and the Afghan base security chief at the base were killed and six others were seriously wounded in the attack.
Pakistani Taliban have claimed responsibility for the attack, and the attacker was identified as Humam Khalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi, a Jordanian doctor.
While the CIA thought that al-Balawi would be an important informant, who could help the intelligence agency to capture top leaders of the Taliban and of al-Qaeda, he actually was loyal to Islamist extremists.
The bombing was the most lethal attack against the CIA in more than 25 years, and a major setback for the agency’s operations in the region. (ANI)
- CIA finds security lapse led to Afghan suicide attack that killed 7 agents - Oct 20, 2010
- Al Qaeda to avenge Taliban chief's death 'inside US': CIA bomber - Jan 09, 2010
- Suspect in bombing of CIA agents killed in Pakistan - Mar 18, 2010
- CIA bomber says he lured targets in Afghanistan with doctored intelligence - Mar 01, 2010
- Suicide bomber who attacked CIA post in Afghanistan was trusted Jordanian informant - Jan 05, 2010
- Al Qaeda video shows bomber before strike at CIA men - Mar 01, 2010
- 'CIA ignored counterintelligence threat posed by Al-Qaeda' - Jan 10, 2010
- Bombing at CIA 'revenge' against drone strike - Jan 07, 2010
- Drone strikes in Pak tribal areas an effective part of the US ant-terrorism strategy: McCain - Jan 08, 2010
- US sanctions 'deadliest' Pakistan Taliban leader - Jan 20, 2011
- US blacklists Pak Taliban commander Qari Hussain for "wanton acts of violence" - Jan 21, 2011
- TTP chief Hakimullah survived US drone attack: ISI official - Apr 29, 2010
- US missile strike kills 15 militants in Pakistan - Jan 17, 2010
- Dreaded Pak Taliban Chief claims to create suicide bombers in just half-an-hour - Feb 05, 2011
- US airstrike kills 10 in Pakistan (Lead) - Jan 14, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,