Chelsea striker Drogba facing lengthy spell out with injuryOctober 2nd, 2008 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 2 (DPA) Chelsea striker Didier Drogba could be out for up to six weeks because of a knee injury.The Ivory Coast international suffered suspected knee ligament damage in Chelsea’s Champions League match with Romanian side CFR Cluj Wednesday.
Having just returned from a knee problem, Drogba is set to have a scan Thursday to determine the extent of the injury.
John Terry and Alex both suffered knocks in the same game and Chelsea’s mounting injury list is becoming a problem.
Michael Essien, Ricardo Carvalho, Deco and Joe Cole are already on the sidelines, and manager Luiz Felipe Scolari is likely to be down to the bare bones for the visit of Aston Villa in the Premier League Sunday.
“I don’t know now what the possibilities I have for Sunday are, maybe after Thursday I have a chance to say something more,” Scolari said.
“I didn’t see the challenge on Drogba. Injuries come in training and on the pitch. This is normal for players.”
Drogba’s injury means Nicolas Anelka is the only recognised forward fit to face Villa.
- Nicolas Anelka signs with China's Shanghai Shenhua - Dec 12, 2011
- Drogba makes immediate impact in China - Jul 23, 2012
- Real Madrid players back from Christmas vacation - Dec 30, 2011
- Don't want to leave Chelsea: Anelka - Jul 21, 2011
- Chelsea lose at home to Villa - Jan 01, 2012
- Drogba recovers from mild concussion - Aug 28, 2011
- United, Chelsea maintain pace as Arsenal stumble - Mar 28, 2010
- Chelsea's John Mikel Obi ruled out for a month due to knee injury - Jan 01, 2011
- Drogba arrives in China to rousing reception - Jul 14, 2012
- Ancelotti won't guarantee any player a place in first eleven - Jul 18, 2009
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Chelsea not going to buy Torres: Ancelotti - Nov 10, 2010
- Drogba's despair could pep Portugal in group of death - Jun 14, 2010
- Chelsea coach Scolari fires title warning - Oct 06, 2008
- Drogba signs with Shanghai Shenhua - Jun 20, 2012