Cheetah delays Qantas jet’s take-offDecember 8th, 2010 - 5:12 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 8 (ANI): Qantas passengers on a Melbourne to Adelaide flight were shocked to learn that a Cheetah had been behind the delay of their plane taking off.
The passengers were told the reason for the long wait was because cargo handlers had to take extra care with the wild cat in the cargo hold.
“We’re sorry for delay, but we’re having some problems loading the cheetah … we have to do it very carefully,” News.com.au quoted the captain of the flight as saying.
Bemused passengers then waited another half-an-hour before being told the cheetah was not cooperating.
The captain told passengers he was not happy with “safety”, and announced the cheetah has been unloaded again, and Qantas would try to get the cat on a later flight.
The flight was delayed for more than 50 minutes before taking off for its original destination, and a Qantas spokeswoman confirmed the problem.
“It was just an issue with the type of pallet it was on,” she said.
She said the handlers had technical problems with loading the pallet before the captain decided to take off without the special passenger. (ANI)
- Qantas Airplane Hit By Break Snag At Melbourne - Nov 30, 2010
- No end in sight to Qantas' flight break down woes - Nov 30, 2010
- Qantas baggage handlers strike - Mar 30, 2009
- Security lapse triggers chaos at Sydney airport - Apr 19, 2011
- John Travolta's Qantas safety video 'angers flight crew' - Mar 20, 2011
- Oz hero pilot dodges major disaster once again - Nov 07, 2010
- Another Qantas plane grounded in Australia following engine failure - Nov 28, 2010
- Qantas jet forced down with potential wing flap problem - Jan 06, 2011
- Qantas plane forced to return after bird strike - Nov 17, 2010
- Overloaded Brit airline orders passengers off plane with threats of arrest - Jan 11, 2011
- Qantas' woes continue as 'scary' cockpit fire forces Sydney-bound jet to divert to Cairns - Mar 24, 2011
- Qantas Airways' engine crisis continues - Nov 13, 2010
- Another Qantas plane makes emergency landing - Nov 13, 2010
- Now, Qantas 747 forced to return back to Sydney following electrical system problem - Nov 15, 2010
- Mumbai airport main runway shut till 11 p.m. Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,