Check ISI’s role for fair polls in Pakistan: Air Marshal Asghar KhanNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:49 am ICT by admin
The army should not follow unlawful orders. He questioned the army’s role in different parts of the NWFP and the tribal areas.
Answering a question, Khan said the interference of the US and Saudi Arabia in the internal affairs of the country was shameful, terming the government’s policies wrong.
Commenting on the formation of the interim government, he said the present rulers had started pre-poll rigging by including controversial people in the caretaker set-up.
Khan said that people should come out on the streets instead of relying on the Supreme Court on vital issues.
He said the Supreme Court had its limitations and the responsibility of ousting the rulers now rested on the shoulders of the masses.
Khan demanded the restoration of Nawaz Sharif’s government, the Dawn reported. (ANI)
- Gilani criticised over Laden comment - Dec 25, 2011
- No threat to democracy, assures Pakistan Army chief - Dec 23, 2011
- No military takeover in Pakistan, says General Kayani (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Sacked for not signing affidavit: Pakistan's ex-defence secretary - Jan 13, 2012
- Khaleda Zia evicted from home (Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Four Pakistani majors questioned for Islamist links (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Pakistan court moved to stop criticism of army (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- No clash between Pakistan's institutions: Zardari (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Gilani rejects trust vote as Zardari returns home (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Gilani sacks defence secretary, takes on army (Intro Night Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Court invalidates provision for caretaker Bangladesh government - May 10, 2011
- Zardari leaves a tense Pakistan for a day in Dubai (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Pakistani apex court to hear ISI pay-out case Feb 29 - Jan 23, 2012
- Don't repatriate Osama's family: Pakistani panel - Jul 06, 2011
- Kayani meets Zardari - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: addressing, air marshal, army, asghar, caretaker, interference, interim government, internal affairs, isi, masses, nawaz sharif, nwfp, rigging, rulers, shoulders, supreme court, tribal areas, unlawful orders