Chechnya President Kadyrov plans friendly football match against Brazil’s WC heroesFebruary 19th, 2011 - 4:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 19(ANI): Chechnya President Ramzan Kadyrov is about to take to the football field and lead a select XI against the stars of Brazil’s 2002 World Cup winning squad, according to the republic’s Sports Minister.
Kadyrov, who is also the President of a local Russian team ‘Terek Grozny’, has set up the friendly match for March 10 in the Chechen capital of Grozny.
Ronaldo, Kaka and Ronaldinho are expected to fly into the heart of Russia’s troubled region for the match.
“Ramzan Kadyrov himself will be the team’s captain. This will be a powerful stimulus for the players and a huge present for Chechen supporters,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Khaidar Alkhanov, Chechnya Sport Minister, as saying.
There has been no confirmation from the Brazilian side. (ANI)
- Boys born on late Chechen president's birthday get cash - Aug 26, 2011
- Russia's Chechnya, Ingushetia involved in land grabbing row - Aug 27, 2012
- UAE Quran centre opened in Chechnya - Aug 27, 2011
- At least four dead after shooting in Russia's Chechen parliament - Oct 19, 2010
- Chechen leader denies having hit-list - Sep 19, 2012
- Two police officers among 12 killed in Chechnya - Aug 29, 2010
- Three killed in militant attack on Chechen parliament - Oct 19, 2010
- Swank regrets attending Chechen Republic President's party - Oct 14, 2011
- Five policemen among seven killed in Chechnya suicide blasts - Aug 31, 2011
- Chechens not fighting in Syria: Kadyrov - Jul 23, 2012
- Suicide bomb attack kills five in Chechnya - Jul 27, 2009
- 20 militants killed in Chechnya - Nov 14, 2009
- Russia's Chechnya to help reconcile split couples - Mar 21, 2012
- Chechnya Parliament Attacked By Militants On Tuesday - Oct 19, 2010
- Hulk and Witsel cost 40 millon euros each: Zenit - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,